- Art and architecture
- duration 13 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Chennai: Visit Kalakshetra, Fort St George, Madras Museum, Kapleeswarar Temple and Mylapore Temple
- Mahabalipuram: Check out the extraordinary seventhcentury temples and carvings
- Pondicherry: Explore Gallic charms and visit Auroville
- Thanjavur: Visit the Brihadisvara Temple
This itinerary takes you on a memorable tour of some of the most spectacular parts of Tamil Nadu. You will also visit the charming Union Territory of Pondicherry and head to Coimbatore for a blissful tryst with yoga and spiritualism. Also, discover the enchanting city of Mysore in the state of Karnataka. Packed with a rich array of diverse experiences, this tour promises to be a truly heart-warming ‘journey of a lifetime’.
Day 1: Arrival Chennai
Day 2: Chennai
Day 3: Chennai – Mahabalipuram (60km - 2hrs)
Day 4: Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry (100km - 2hrs)
Day 5: Pondicherry
Day 6: Pondicherry - Thanjavour (170km - 4.5hrs)
Day 7: Thanjavur - Madurai (200km - 3.5hrs)
Day 8: Madurai – Coimbatore (240km - 5hrs)
Day 9: Coimbatore
Day 10: Coimbatore
Day 11: Coimbatore – Mysore (200km - 5hrs)
Day 12: Mysore
Day 13: Mysore – Departure Chennai (by Flight - 1.5 Hrs)
- 12 nights’ accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis
- 12 breakfasts
- All transfers as indicated in the itinerary, in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel on Day 1 and transfer from the hotel to the airport on Day 13
- TOUR GUIDE
- Local English-speaking guide on a private basis in each city
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: visit of Kalakshetra and Chennai sightseeing tour on day 2, visit of Shore Temple, Arjuna Penance, Panch Rathas, yoga session on day 4 and 7, kolam art lesson on day 5, Gandhi museum on day 7, guided temples´tour in Mysore on day 12
- ENTRANCES AND ACTIVITIES
- Meet & Greet on Day 1
- Porterage service at airport only
- International and domestic flight tickets and airport taxes
- Optional tours
- Beverages during meals
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity for guide and driver
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 69+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Temples Of South India, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Temples Of South India, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Temples Of South India, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.