- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
India is more than a country – it’s a multicultural subcontinent with dozens of languages and religions, and nowhere is this diversity more evident than in the exotic south. Join our 11-day tour and become a part of the expedition to discover gems of South India. The architectural beauty of Kanchipuram, Hindu temples of Mahabalipuram and Darasuram temple will amaze your sight and the tranquility of Periyar’s wildlife will keep you thrilled while sailing down Kerala´s backwaters. This tour will expose the best treasures of South India and will fulfill your expectations and inspire your senses.
Chennai: The capital of the south, known for the warmth of its people and the hustle and bustle of its streets
Mahabalipuram: Its famous Hindu temples on the seashore are an excellent example of Dravidian culture
Pondicherry: This city offers a unique experience with a mixture of modern heritage and spiritual culture
Thanjavur: Famous for the UNESCO-listed Brihadishvara temple, dedicated to Shiva. It is also an important Hindu pilgrimage center
Madurai: Renowned for its temples, Madurai is synonymous with the famous Meenakshi temple
Periyar: Known both for its national park and for its varieties of spices
Houseboat: A traditional boat floating on the canals of the Keralan backwaters
Kochi:A vibrant city located on the southwestern coast of the Indian peninsula in the state of Kerala, ‘Land of the Gods'
Day 1: Arrival Chennai
Day 2: Chennai – Kanchipuram – Chennai (150 Km – 3 Hrs)
Day 3: Chennai – Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry (155 Km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 4: Pondicherry – Chidambaram – Gangaikondacholapuram – Darasuram – Kumbakonam (130 Kms – 3 Hrs)
Day 5: Kumbakonam – Tanjore (40 Km – 1 Hrs)
Day 6: Tanjore – Trichy – Tanjore (60 Km – 2 Hrs)
Day 7: Tanjore – Madurai (190 Km – 3 Hrs)
Day 8: Madurai – Periyar (150 Km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 9: Periyar – Alleppey (130 Km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 10: Alleppey – Kochi (55 Km – 1 Hrs)
Day 11: Depart Kochi
- 10 nights' accommodation
- 10 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch (Day 9)
- 1 Dinner (Day 9)
- ***Half Board supplement upon additional cost as an optional extra (10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, and 10 Dinners)
- ***Full Board supplement upon additional cost as an optional extra (10 Breakfast, 10 Lunches, and 10 Dinners)
- Air-conditioned transportation on a shared basis
- Inbound airport transfer from Chennai International Airport on a shared basis
- Outbound airport transfer to Kochi (Cochin) Airport on a shared basis
- Operated with accompanied Italian- English speaking guide
- All monuments as indicated in the program: Excursion to Kanchipuran, sightseeing tour of Chennai (Day 2); Hindu temples of Mahabalipuram (Day 3); Nataraja Temple, Temples of Darasuram (Day 4); Brihadeeswara Temple (Day 5); Excursion to Trichy and Srirangam (Day 6); sightseeing tour of Madurai, Sri Meenakshi night ceremony (Day 7); boat ride on Periyar Lake, martial art performance Kalaripatitty (Day 8); walking tour of Kochi, Kathakali dance performance (Day 10)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1)
- Porterage only in the airport
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks, and meals if not stated explicitly in the program
- Optional excursions (as recommended/suggested) in the itinerary.
- Any airfare, airport taxes, a supplement for which are quoted separately if applicable
- Tips to drivers, local guides, and hotel staff
- Indian tourist visa fees
- Any service not listed above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tamil Nadu And Kerala tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tamil Nadu And Kerala tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tamil Nadu And Kerala tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.