- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- Sightseeing tour of Chennai with local guide
- 'Eat my Cake' visit (coffee + cake included)
- Visit Auroville township includes lunch at a Solar Kitchen
- Visit to Brihadeeswarah Temple
Take a sojourn to where the spices grow and the palm trees slope, under the beam of India's southern sun. We'll prance the streets of the delightfully French Pondicherry, and drift in a bamboo houseboat through the backwaters of Kerala. Temples, tea plantations and a tiger reserve - the phrase “Incredible India” must have been coined in the south.
Day 1: Arrive Chennai
Day 2: Chennai to Pondicherry
Day 3: Pondicherry
Day 4: Pondicherry to Kumbakonam
Day 5: Kumbakonam to Madurai
Day 6: Madurai to Periyar
Day 7: Periyar to Kumarakom
Day 8: Kumarakom to Kerala Backwaters
Day 9: Kerala Backwaters to Cochin
Day 10: Cochin
Day 11: End Cochin
- 10-nights: Plush hotels with twin share rooms will see our tired selves well-rested. One special night will be spent adrift in the arms of a traditional Keralan houseboat, the quintessential South Indian experience.
- Prepare your taste buds for a fireworks display of spices, fresh seafood, and tropical fruits, dished up in 15 included meals - 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners - and an array of self made food discoveries. We’ll eat off palm leaves, lap up our curries with parotta bread, and sip coconuts moments after they’ve fallen off the tree.
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life, along with Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past. This is your team. Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
- Any international flights to Chennai and from Cochin are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Spice tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 78 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Spice tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 08 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Southern Spice tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Spice tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.