- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through two distinctively different Indian states
- Sample regional dishes served on a banana leaf
- Cruise on a traditional Keralan houseboat
The two southernmost states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala perfectly depict the contrasting nature of India. Seeing them on two wheels gives us an excellent opportunity to soak up the rich culture and appreciate the different landscapes as we cycle by. Tamil Nadu sees far fewer visitors than other Indian states, but this is part of the attraction as we follow quiet backroads from the fertile coastal plains in the east to the remarkable hills of the Western Ghats, which form the border with Kerala. Our ride takes us past some of the most impressive sites of southern India, including the former French colony of Pondicherry and the magnificent Sri Meenakshi Temple at Madurai. After cycling through the cooler highlands and tea estates of the Western Ghats, we reach the tranquil backwaters of Kerala, where a relaxing houseboat cruise offers the chance to unwind and reflect on a memorable journey.
Day 1: Start Chennai; transfer to Pondicherry via the shore temples of
Day 2: Circular ride passing the spiritual commune of Auroville. After lunch in the
old quarter the afternoon is free.
Day 3: Pleasant ride along village roads to experience the rural life of Southern
India. Our afternoon ride heads to Chidambaram, famed for its bronze deity
Day 4: Riverside ride to the 16th Century Nayak's capital of Thanjavur; afternoon
free to visit the town and Royal Palace.
Day 5: Long ride through the Tamil Nadu heartland to Chettinad, renowned for
Day 6: Scenic ride to Madurai, a highlight of any trip to India.
Day 7: Free morning to visit this magnificent temple city. Transfer to lunch then
ride past Indian vineyards before a final ascent into the Western Ghats and
our night stop at Thekkady.
Day 8: Free day to relax and stroll around this hill station or visit the nearby
Day 9: A hilly ride through the tea estates with a refreshing stop at a tea factory;
after lunch ride one of the most scenic roads in Kerala to Vagamon.
Day 10: Cycle through rubber and spice plantations to Kottayam, the Syrian Christian
heartland of Kerala.
Day 11: Free morning to explore or relax by the lake before boarding a houseboat for
a stunning backwater cruise.
Day 12: Final ride along the coast road to Fort Cochin.
Day 13: Free day in Fort Cochin with its Chinese fishing nets.
Day 14: End Cochin.
- 10 nights hotels, 1 night houseboat and 2 nights mansions , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 11 lunches and 8 dinners
- 10 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 14, plus local cycling leader and driver. Min age 16 yrs
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Chennai and from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern India Coast to Coast Ride tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern India Coast to Coast Ride tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern India Coast to Coast Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern India Coast to Coast Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.