- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Culture shows and excursions
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kerala Backwaters – Sail along the famous backwaters in our deluxe rice boat and enjoy marvelous views
- Mahabalipuram – Visit the impressive Shore Temple on the Bay of Bengal and the striking Five Rathas
- Kumarakom – Relax on the shores of Lake Vembanad and opt to visit the local bird sanctuary
- Madurai – Attend an evening Aarti prayer ceremony and see the impressive rock cut temple of Thirupparankunram Murugan
Discover the highlights of Southern India, from Chennai to Kochi. Visit some of the most intricate and beautiful Hindu temples of Southern India and uncover the delights of tropical Kerala in India's deep south. Visit UNESCO world heritage temples and spend a night aboard a houseboat, gliding along the tranquil, palm fringed backwaters.
Day: 1 Chennai
Day: 2 Mahabalipuram
Day: 3 Pondicherry
Day: 4 Thanjavur
Day: 5 Madurai
Day: 6 Madurai
Day: 7 Trichy
Day: 8 Kochi
Day: 9-10 Munnar
Day: 11 Alleppey
Day: 12-13 Kumarakom
Day: 14 Kochi
- 11 nights 3-4 star and heritage hotels
- 12 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 14
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Guided sightseeing - Kochi, Fort Kochi, Munnar tea plantation, Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram Temples, Pondicherry and Madurai
- Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more)
- Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites
- 1 night deluxe houseboat cruise along the Keralan backwaters
- Traditional Kathakali Dance Show in Kochi, (entrance fee excluded)
- Train journey: Trichy to Kochi
- International flights and visa
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$4-7 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: USD$25-35pp, paid in local currency
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South India Explorer - 14 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South India Explorer - 14 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South India Explorer - 14 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.