- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Find out what makes Indian cuisine so special during a food tour in Madurai, a homecooked meal with a local family, a fragrant lunch at a spice plantation and an ayurvedic cooking demonstration and dinner.
- Discover India’s oldworld and newage religions during tours of ancient temples and a visit to the modern spiritual community of Auroville.
- Witness a fusion of influences in the stunning former French colony of Puducherry, and see touches of a Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese and British past in the exuberantly multicultural Kochi.
- Experience a thousand shades of green as you tour a scenic tea plantation in Munnar and track footprints in search of wild elephants in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.
Thekkady - Periyar National Park
- Hotel (9 nights), Houseboat Feature Stay (1 night), Kochi Feature Stay (2 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Chennai - Welcome dinner
- Mamallapuram - Shore Temples guided tour
- Auroville - Experimental township
- Puducherry - Leader-led French Quarter walking tour
- Puducherry - Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Madurai - Leader-led street food tour
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi 1000 Pillar
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Madurai - Gandhi Museum
- Madurai - Leader-led walking tour
- Madurai - Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
- Madurai - Local family visit and home-cooked Tamil dinner
- Thekkady - Expert-guided spice plantation visit and lunch
- Periyar - Kalaripayattu (Indian Martial Art) performance
- Periyar - Guided nature walk
- Munnar - Tea plantation
- Munnar - Tea Museum
- Munnar - Mattupetty Dam
- Munnar - Leader-led town walking tour
- Kochi - Kathakali performance
- Kochi - Jewish Synagogue
- Kochi - Ferry to Mattancherry
- Kochi - Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kochi - Ayurveda-inspired dinner
- Kochi - Converstation with an expert on Satvik Bhojan (Ayurvedic food)
- Any international flights to Chennai and from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium South India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 109+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take up to six hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery.
- The drive to Munnar on Day 8 is on windy roads into the mountains. Motion sickness can be an issue for some, but the scenery is stunning and regular stops will be made to break up your journey.
- Southern India can get very hot during the summer so remember to bring lots of water and a variety of clothing. Wearing light, loose layers is one of the best ways to tackle the heat.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions