- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Pay a visit to Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry
- See the unique Rockfort Temple in Trichy
- Explore Thanjavur, the erstwhile capital of the Chola Dynasty
- Visit the famous Madurai Meenakshi Temple, one of the largest temple complexes in India
Starting from Chennai, where we will pick you up on arrival at the airport, this tour will take you through Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Thanjavur and Chettinad before coming to an end in Madurai. Discover some of Tamil Nadu's world heritage sites. Admire ancient culture, see stunning temples and feast upon masterpieces of art and architecture during this tour.
Stay in 3-star hotels or similar during the tour. Please note that entrance fees to the monuments mentioned on the itinerary as well as domestic flight tickets are not included in the tour price. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Thanks for good hotel and Transportation.
Hoping to see you soon with some other good places to visit.”
Day 1: Arrive at Chennai Airport & transfer to Mahabalipuram
Day 2: Mahabalipuram sightseeing tour
Day 3: Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry
Day 4: Pondicherry sightseeing tour
Day 5: Pondicherry - Thanjavur
Day 6: Thanjavur - Trichy - Thanjavur
Day 7: Thanjavur – Chettinad
Day 8: Chettinad - Madurai
Day 9: Madurai sightseeing tour
Day 10: Madurai - Chennai (by flight)
Day 11: Chennai departure
- 10 breakfasts
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel or similar (twin room category)
- Pickup and drop off. All transfers and sightseeing tours by an air-conditioned vehicle with an English-speaking driver
- English-speaking local guides in Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Thanjavur, Trichy, Chettinad, Madurai and Chennai
- Bullock Cart Ride in Chettinad
- One mineral water bottle per person per day
- All applicable taxes including GST
- Airfare (international or domestic) including the Madurai - Chennai flight tickets
- Entrance fees to the monuments mentioned on the itinerary.
- Any mandatory gala dinner on Christmas and New Year's Eve
- Expenses that are personal in nature, such as telephone bills, laundry, shopping, etc
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Tipping, though not compulsory, is a common custom and we always suggest our travelers to tip their guides and drivers.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationHealth & Safety Measures: In the wake of the ensuing COVID crisis, we have re-invented our hygiene protocols and have taken concrete steps along with training our guides, drivers, representatives and other staff at our destinations’ offices. So, we are fully prepared for your safe travel. 1. Hotels will conduct thermal screening of guests, baggage screening, maintaining kitchen hygiene, smooth check-in and check-out process along with daily cleaning of rooms. 2. Our drivers/representatives will be wearing masks, using hand sanitizers & gloves, and undergoing thermal screening before every assignment. The vehicles too will be sanitized on a daily basis. 3. Our guides will be wearing masks and using hand sanitizers, gloves, and undergoing thermal screening before every assignment. 4. All public places at Airports/Railway Stations/Restaurants and other assisting staff therein shall be governed by the regulations laid down for the prevention of COVID 19. 5. Extensive COVID-19 Health & Safety guidelines recommended by the World Health Organisation shall be strictly adhered to. 6. All our partners will strictly follow the social distancing protocol as mandated by the Government. 7. Safety kits will be provided to all the guests, including a sanitizer, gloves, and a mask, before the commencement of the tour. 8. Our focus shall be on providing customized and private tours to ensure the safety and health of our guests. 9. E-Documents will be provided for the trip such as Confirmation Status/Hotel Vouchers/Itinerary/Invoice etc. Note: The prices will not be valid from 14 December - 10 January due to extra additional Christmas, New Year charges. We can customize your itinerary on the basis of 4 & 5 star category of hotels. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.