- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover a different side to India on east to west coast trip that takes in beaches and temples, hidden waterways and jungle, and rolling teacovered mountains and spice plantations
- Chennai is a flurry of ordered chaos, but find peace at the magnificent Kapaleeshwarar Temple at its centre
- Explore the beautiful seaside town of Puducherry, a mix of idyllic and contemporary lifestyle
- Feel the weight of history and learn about the man who dedicated his life to the independence of India at The National Gandhi Museum
Travel to India and embark on this classic southern India tour from Chennai to Kovalam Beach. Lush, tropical southern India is charming, captivating and hospitable. Discover a thousand shades of green and share smiles with the friendly local people. Experience the culture, religion and history of this region in its small rural towns, quaint fishing villages and scented spice plantations. This is a fabulous part of India includes Kerala and follows the road less travelled - without sacrificing too many creature comforts.
Thekkady – Periyar National Park
Munnar – Mattupetty Dam
- Comfortable Hotel (12 nights), Houseboat Feature Stay (1 night)
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Boat , Private vehicle
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Mamallapuram - Shore Temples guided tour
- Auroville - Experimental township
- Puducherry - Leader-led walking tour
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi 1000 Pillar Entrance
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Madurai - Gandhi Museum
- Madurai - Leader-led walking tour
- Periyar - Spice plantation visit
- Periyar - Guided nature walk
- Munnar - Tea Garden visit
- Munnar - Mattupetty Dam
- Munnar - Town Walk
- Kochi - Kathakali performance
- Kochi - Ferry to Mattancherry
- Kochi - Jewish Synagogue
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kochi - Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kovalam - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to Chennai and from Kovalam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essence of South India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essence of South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 January 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essence of South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essence of South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take up to six hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery.
- The drive to Munnar on Day 9 is on windy roads into the mountains. Motion sickness can be an issue for some, but the scenery is stunning and regular stops will be made to break up your journey.
- Southern India can get very hot during the summer so remember to bring lots of water and a variety of clothing. Wearing light, loose layers is one of the best ways to tackle the heat.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers