- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 36
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Chennai: The capital of the south, known for the warmth of its people and the hustle and bustle of its streets
- Mahabalipuram: Its famous Hindu temples on the seashore are an excellent example of Dravidian culture
- Thanjavur: Famous for the UNESCOlisted Brihadishvara temple, dedicated to Shiva. It is also an important Hindu pilgrimage centre
- Madurai: Renowned for its temples, Madurai is synonymous with the famous Meenakshi temple
India is more than a country – it’s a multicultural subcontinent with dozens of languages and religions, and nowhere is this diversity more evident than in the exotic south. The aroma of the tea plantations, the fragrance of the spice gardens, the enchanting mantras and music in the Hindu temples, and the lush green of nature. Discover the mysteries of South India on a journey that invited you to enjoy the richness of Dravidian culture, the colourful gopuram of Hindu temples, houseboats in Kerala backwaters, and much more!
Day 1: Arrival Chennai
Day 2: Chennai
Day 3: Chennai – Kanchipuram – Mahabalipuram (140 Km – 4 Hrs)
Day 4: Mahabalipuram – Puducherry (105 Km – 2 Hrs)
Day 5: Puducherry – Chidambaram – Gangaikondacholapuram – Swamimalai – Thanjavur (200 Km – 5 Hrs)
Day 6: Thanjavur – Trichy – Madurai (200 Km – 5.5 Hrs)
Day 7: Madurai
Day 8: Madurai – Periyar (150 Km – 4 Hrs)
Day 9: Periyar – Kochi (170 Km – 4.5 Hrs)
Day 10: Kochi
Day 11: Departure Kochi
- 10 nights´ accommodation
- 10 Breakfasts
- Air-conditioned transportation on a shared basis
- Arrival transfer from Chennai International airport to the hotel
- Departure transfer from the hotel to Kochi Airport
- Operated with accompanied French or English-speaking guide
- All monuments and activities as indicated: half-day city tour of Chennai (Day 2); Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram visit (Day 3); guided visit of Auroville (day 4); temple tour of Chidambaram Hindu temple, Gangaikondacholapuram temple, Gangaikondacholapuram temple (Day 5); city tour of Trichy (Day 6); sightseeing tour of Madurai (Day 7); Periyar National Park (Day 8); city tour of Kochi (Day 9)
- Meet & Greet on day 1
- Boat ride at Periyar Lake (Day 8)
- Welcome briefing session with the tour representative on day 1
- Any airfares or airport taxes, supplements for which are quoted separately if applicable
- International or domestic flights
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic/non- alcoholic beverages, video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, any insurance, etc.
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance, any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Enchanting South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 May 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Enchanting South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Enchanting South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.