- duration 28 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- 6 day guided tour through the rarelyvisited Odisha Tribal Regions
- Bathe in the natural hot springs with local villagers at Taptapani
- Experience a local overnight train from Kolkata to Siliguri
- Explore Thimphu & its Dzong seat of government
This 28 day overland tour journeys from Chennai to Kathmandu through Bhutan, India, Nepal
Day 1: Chennai
Day 2: Tirupati
Day 3: Vijayawada
Day 4: Visakhapatnam
Day 5 - 9: Odisha Tribal Area
Day 10 - 12: Puri
Day 13: Kolkata
Day 14: Overnight train to Siliguri
Day 15: Darjeeling
Day 16: Darjeeling
Day 17: Phuntsholing
Day 18: Thimphu
Day 19: Thimphu
Day 20: Punakha
Day 21: Bumthang
Day 22: Bumthang
Day 23: Gangtey
Day 24: Gangtey
Day 25: Paro
Day 26: Paro
Day 27: Kathmandu
Day 28: Kathmandu
- 0% Camping - 1% Hotels
- Overland expedition vehicle, 4x4, Private bus, Flight, Overnight train, Train
- 2 Dragoman crew (1 Dragoman crew and 1 local crew for the last trip section), Local guides where necessary
- Any international flights to Chennai and from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Darjeeling, Odisha & Bhutan Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 219 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Darjeeling, Odisha & Bhutan Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Darjeeling, Odisha & Bhutan Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Darjeeling, Odisha & Bhutan Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.