- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Explore the old spice town of Cochin
- Verdant scenery and wildlife
- Ancient architecture and temples
- Cruise the backwaters on a houseboat
Travel through southern India with a little extra comfort and style, whilst visiting some of the world’s most colourful and enriching destinations. This trip takes in the verdant surroundings of Ooty and Coonoor, the wildlife of Bandipur National Park, typical temple architecture at Kanchipuram, the hill stations and Toy Train of the Nilgiri Hills and the tropical coastline, backwaters and beaches of the Malabar Coast. All this is enhanced by southern India's legendary warmth, charm and mouth-watering local cuisine.
Day 1: Start Chennai; transfer to beachside town of Mahabalipuram.
Day 2: Visit ancient Dravidian sites, including Shore Temple.
Day 3: Return to Chennai via the temples at Kanchipuram.
Day 4: Express train to Mysore; transfer to hotel.
Day 5: Sightseeing including Mysore Palace and Srirangapatna.
Day 6: Drive to Bandipur N.P.; afternoon jungle safari.
Day 7: Drive to Coonoor via botanical gardens of Ooty.
Day 8: Explore Coonoor; optional walk through tea plantations or 'Toy Train' ride.
Day 9: Transfer from Coonoor to Cochin.
Day 10: Boat tour of Cochin harbour; explore historic spice port.
Day 11: Drive to Alleppey and board houseboat for backwater cruise.
Day 12: Transfer to Varkala; free time to relax on beach.
Day 13: Free day.
Day 14: End Varkala.
- 12 nights premium hotels, 1 night deluxe houseboat, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners included
- Transfer for group flights
- Travel by air-conditioned private bus and train
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Diwali festival departure available
- Any international flights to/from Chennai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic South India - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic South India - Premium tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 14 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Classic South India - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic South India - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.