- Chill out
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore idyllic Pondicherry on a walking tour and discover the colonial French Quarter, colourful multitiered temples and the famous Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- Take a nature walk in the acclaimed Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, looking out for tiger tracks with your local village guides.
- Discover the diversity and incredible history of Kochi through a tour of its buildings, like India’s oldest functioning synagogue and a mixture of Portuguese, Dutch and British colonial architecture
- Witness the dramatic beauty of Kathakali, a captivating storytelling dance that artists must study for over a decade before performing.
Discover a thousand shades of green, indulge in some of the continent’s freshest food and share moments of connection with locals on this 13-day tour. Travel down the scenic East Coast Road into the countryside and across to the west coast before finishing in India’s deep south. Experience the cultures, religions and histories of this region through its small rural towns, fishing villages and the scented spice plantations set in the picturesque Western Ghats mountains. This revelatory trip introduces you to an area less travelled from the comfort of a private vehicle.
Mamallapuram – Puducherry
Kerala Backwaters – Kumarakom
- Hotel (10 nights), Resort (2 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Mamallapuram - Shore Temples guided tour
- Puducherry - Leader-led French Quarter walking tour
- Karaikudi - Havelis
- Karaikudi - Leader-led village walk
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple guided tour
- Madurai - Leader-led walking tour
- Periyar - Spice plantation visit
- Periyar - Guided nature walk
- Kochi - Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kochi - Kathakali performance
- Kochi - Jewish Synagogue
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kumarakom - Backwaters boating excursion
- Kumarakom - Leader-led village walk
- Kovalam - Leader-led walking tour
- Any international flights to Chennai and from Kovalam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic South India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We’ll be visiting multiple temples during the trip and during these visits you must wear clothing that covers the arms, legs and shoulders.
- Southern India can get very hot during the summer so remember to bring lots of water and a variety of clothing. Wearing light, loose layers is one of the best ways to tackle the heat.
- As we'll be walking through varying terrain in national parks and villages, a basic level of fitness and comfortable walking shoes are essential. Leech socks will be provided for the Periyar nature walk.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions