- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Shopping and Markets
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mahabalipuram – Discover the striking Shore Temple which sits on the beautiful Bay of Bengal
- Trichy – Visit the imposing Rock Fort Temple which is perched ominously on a hill overlooking the city
- Madurai – Light candles and sing songs as you enjoy a lively Aarti prayer ceremony and explore the city on a guided tour
- Tanjore – Tour the hotspots of the city and gaze admiringly at the towering Brihadishwara Temple
Explore the best of Southern India, travelling from Chennai on the east coast and ending in Kochi on the west coast. Discover the coastal region from Chennai down to Pondicherry before taking in some exquisite UNESCO listed temples in the state of Tamil Nadu. End in the idyllic coastal town of Kochi, full of history and fantastic flavours.
Day: 1 Chennai
Day: 2 Mahabalipuram
Day: 3 Pondicherry
Day: 4 Thanjavur
Day: 5 Madurai
Day: 6 Madurai
Day: 7 Trichy
Day: 8 Kochi
Day: 9 Kochi
- 7 nights 3-4 star hotels
- 7 breakfasts
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 9
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Guided sightseeing - Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram Temples, Pondicherry and Madurai
- Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more)
- Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites
- 1 overnight sleeper train Trichy to Kochi
- International flights and visa
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$4-7 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: USD$15-25pp, paid in local currency
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 82 today.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Chennai to Kochi - 9 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 December 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Chennai to Kochi - 9 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chennai to Kochi - 9 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.