- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Walk surrounded by dramatic mountain sceneryStay in a comfortable chalet with outdoor hot tubEnjoy the shops, bars, restaurants and cafes of Chamonix
The circuit of Mont Blanc is one of the finest walking routes in the Alps. It is in reality a series of paths linking the seven valleys that surround the highest mountain in Western Europe, Mont Blanc. It normally takes a fortnight to complete the whole circuit, but for those with less time this one-week Exodus tour takes in the most outstanding sections with beautiful mountain highlights each day. Throughout this walking holiday we are based in the delightful chalet with dramatic views of Mont Blanc, and use a mix of private bus and local trains and buses to travel out each day to re-join the next stage of our walk covering beautiful sections of the famous circuit. At the end of each day we return home for afternoon tea, or for those who wish, a dip in the chalet’s bubbling Jacuzzi.
Day 1: Start Chalet Chamonix or Chocolat.
Day 2: Drive to the head of the Chamonix Valley; walking towards Switzerland via the
trekking peak L'Aiguillette des Posettes and onto Col des Possettes and then
descend back towards La Tour.
Day 3: Drive to the head of the Chamonix Valley; walking towards Switzerland via the
trekking peak L'Aiguillette des Posettes and onto Col du Possettes and then
descend back towards La Tour.
Day 4: Starting from the Les Contamines. Valley we cross the Col de Voza and
continue towards Les Houches.
Day 5: Free day for optional walks, activities or sightseeing.
Day 6: Drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel to Italy; climb to Bonatti refuge and
traverse high above the spectacular Ferret Valley to Courmayeur.
Day 7: Starting from Argentiere; walk up to and along the Grand Balcon Sud to Plan
Praz then descend by cable car.
Day 8: End Chamonix.
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches, 6 home cooked dinnersAfternoon tea and cake on walking daysAll accommodationAll transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)
- 5 days centre-based walking; 1 free dayTravel by minibus, local train and cable carAltitude maximum 2352m, average 1525mGroup normally 4 to 14, plus UK leader7 nights in comfortable chalet
- Any international flights to/from Chamonix are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mont Blanc Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 109 today.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mont Blanc Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mont Blanc Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mont Blanc Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.