- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 5
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn basic mountaineering techniques
- Exhilarating walking in the French Alps
- Opportunity to climb to the summit of Gran Paradiso (4061m), the highest peak in Italy
- Time to experience Chamonix, the world capital of mountaineering
Learn to climb with the experts before attempting Gran Paradiso (4061m). This alpine introduction course is designed for newcomers to mountaineering and provides a solid basic foundation in high mountain skills, for snow, ice and rock, including crevasse rescue and navigation. We base the week in the Mont Blanc range that provides a stunning location and challenging climbs whilst undertaking the course. At the end of the trip we shall attempt an ascent on the spectacular Gran Paradiso (4061m), the highest peak in Italy, which is a relatively straightforward climb on 35/40 degree snow and will be a good test of our recently acquired skills. This is a perfect introduction to alpine climbing and would be a great way to prepare for other expeditions in the Himalaya, South America or the Alps. After this course it is possible to add a 3 day ascent on Mont Blanc (making a 10 day trip), please ask our staff for more details.
Day 1 : Join Chamonix
Day 2 : Depart Chamonix. Commence glacier instruction enroute to Albert 1er Hut
Day 3 : Ascend Aiguille du Tour (3529 m). To Trient refuge.
Day 4 : Ascend Petite Fourche. Return to Chamonix.
Day 5 : Ascend to Chabod Hut at the foot of Gran Paradiso
Day 6 : Ascend Gran Paradiso (4061m), return to Chamonix
Day 7 : In Chamonix, trip concludes
- 3 nights accommodation in a 3 star Chamonix hotel on a twin-share basis (sometimes we would use triple or quad share to avoid single rooms)
- 3 nights accommodation in mountain huts
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 3 dinners
- Internal transport
- Certified UIAGM high altitude mountain guide (ratio of 1 guide to 5 climbers throughout)
- Pre-departure guide to assist you with preparing for the climb
- All common climbing gear (ropes etc)
- Ski lifts
- Any flights
- Rental of climbing gear or clothes (to be paid directly in Chamonix)
- Bottled water
- Aerated or alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Airport and departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Alpine Introduction Course and Gran Paradiso Climb tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 October 2021, a deposit of 1 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Alpine Introduction Course and Gran Paradiso Climb tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Alpine Introduction Course and Gran Paradiso Climb tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.