- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Maximum altitude 980 meters
- Hike the 3 most famous active volcanoes in Europe
- Discover Mediterranean sweetness combined with the power of the earth
- Excursion to the summit craters of Stromboli at night
- Explore of the village of Taormina
Who is not fascinated by volcanoes, those monsters of nature that periodically reject the bowels of the earth on the surface? On this trip, you can go at your own pace to hike the slopes of Vulcano, Stromboli and Etna, and feel under your feet the strength and energy of Sicilian volcanoes.
Discover unique European landscapes with volcanic islands, craters, caves, rivers and lakes, which make Sicily unique in the world. The region has a long history of meetings, different peoples, ethnic groups and cultures from which we have inherited our way of life.
Our itinerary begins with the Aeolian Islands, a group of islands where the depth of the earth is constantly in communication with the surface. Enjoy an exceptional hike among these beautiful islands. Then you drive up to the craters of two forces of nature: Vulcano and Stromboli. We will also discover the island of Salina, called the green island, where three small maritime towns are at the foot of two extinct craters, before joining the largest island of the Mediterranean Sea, "Sicily". Next, a stop in Taormina, the famous tourist town in Sicily, where you can admire the medieval village with its small streets and vestiges of the Roman era. Finally, we will reach the slopes of Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe, which dominates Catania and the Ionian coast with its imposing and fascinating mass.
Enjoy your trip to Sicily as a Sicilian, that’s our philosophy!
Day 1: Arrival, Milazzo and check-in
Day 2: Aeolian Islands: Lipari and Punta Caprazza Hiking
Day 3: Aeolian Islands: Vulcano
Day 4: Aeolian Islands: Salina ou Panarea
Day 5: Stromboli: nocturnal rise of the summit craters
Day 6: Stromboli - Taormine - Etna
Day 7: Hiking on the volcano Etna
Day 8: Catania
- 7 Breakfasts and 1 Dinner
- 7-night stay in B&B in a double room
- Excursion to the Stromboli craters with a volcanological guide in groups of up to 20 people
- Private transfers from Catania airport to Milazzo (D1), from Milazzo to Etna via Taormina (D6) and from Etna to Catania (D7)
- Altai Italia assistance 24h / 24
- Detailed road book with routes, gps tracks and useful information
- Etna Summit Craters
- International flight and taxes
- Boat transfers to and from the Aeolian Islands
- Transfer from Catania center to Catania airport on D8
- Meals if not mentioned
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Entrance fee to Stromboli: € 5 (to be paid to the Guide Office)
- Tourist tax - only for hotels in Milazzo and Catania (to be paid locally, about € 1.50 / person)
- Save US$ 33+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationExcursions to the Stromboli and Etna craters are subject to authorization by the authorities and to favorable weather conditions.