- Walking tour
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Small group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Listen to the sounds of the medina as you go on an adventure and try not to lose your guide through the crowds!
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean near the atmospheric old Sqalafort
- See the exterior of the iconic Ricks Café, a faithful reproduction of the bar in everyone’s favourite classic Hollywood movie, Casablanca
- Get inspired by the wonderful mix of French and Moroccan architecture in the charming Habous district
- Taste freshly baked bread, Moroccan sweet pastries and warm mint tea
Dive into the daily life and habits of locals on this unique private introductory tour of Casablanca! Experience the hustle and bustle of the medina as you browse everything it has to offer. Enjoy spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and sample some of our favourite pastries from a secret spot in an off-the-beaten track neighbourhood. You’ll be asking your tour guide to “play it again,” Humphrey Bogart-style, by the end of this fun, all-encompassing tour!
Your private Casablanca walking tour will start with a view of the largest mosque in Morocco (and the third largest mosque in the world!), Hassan the II. From here, we’ll wander over to the famous Rick’s Café, which you may have heard of from a little movie called Casablanca. We won’t go inside, but you’ll want to note where it is for a return visit later on in your own time, we’re sure! Nearby, you’ll spot the Sqala tower, with canons dating back to the Portuguese era and a view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Walk through alleyways to reach the medina, where you can browse alongside locals going about their day-to-day business, shopping for groceries, clothing and anything and everything else.
From there, we’ll grab a transfer to Mahkama du Pacha, the nearby royal palace, where maybe you’ll meet the king! (Okay, probably not.) Travellers cannot visit the court of Pacha without a guide by their side, so this is your chance to see something very special.
From here, we’ll make our way over to the Habous quarter, also known as the new medina, where you can shop for Moroccan goods such as traditional clothing, leather, jewellery and food. The medina was built in the 1930s by the French, so it is no surprise that it features a wonderful mix of French and Moroccan-inspired architecture, complete with numerous things to see and do and taste… like maybe some freshly baked bread.
We’ll visit a local bakery where locals take their breads and pastries to be baked, and that’s also used by Bennis, one of the most famous pastry houses in town. (#localsknow tip: all the treats at Bennis are delicious, but we recommend the chicken pastilla, which is heavenly good!)
No doubt tempted by all the delicious offerings around us, we’ll make our way to one of the oldest pastry houses in Casablanca, tucked in a laneway of the Souq Habous. Sample some traditional Maghribi pastries such as cornes de gazelle (gazelle horns, which are pastries filled with a paste of almond and orange water) or akda aux amandes (almond macaroons). We’ll then head to a nearby local cafe to order a coffee or tea and scoff your bounty.
We’ll then take a transfer back to the city centre where your tour will end. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your guide for more tips on what else there is to see, do and eat in Casablanca.
- Private transport during the tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- sample of freshly baked bread
- Mint tea.
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
- items of a personal nature
- the pastries and any additional food and drinks.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Private Casablanca: The Medina and Beyond tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 January 2022, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Private Casablanca: The Medina and Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Private Casablanca: The Medina and Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
248 Boulevard Sour Jdid, Casablanca 20250 (in front of Rick's Cafe)What 3 Words location: ///unlucky.sympathy.rehearsalMeeting end point :
Your centrally-located hotel.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated.