- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit the grand Mosque of Hassan II in Casablanca, one of the most impressive temples in Morocco, before exploring the sights of the country's first imperial city of Meknes.
- Feel like you've travelled back to the Middle Ages in the labyrinthine medina of Fes, under the eye of a local tour guide.
- Go behind the scenes of Game of Thrones and Gladiator in Ait Benhaddou. This fortified red city was once an important stop on the caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakech – now it's a filmmaker's heaven.
- Take a guided tour through Marrakech's lively medina and join the nightly carnival of fortunetellers, dancers, and medicine men in Djemaa elFna square.
Morocco is an intoxicating fusion of cultures, with a history as diverse and varied as the colours woven into each carpet sold on the street. Uncover the essence of this enticing country on a two-week adventure through ancient cities, medieval bazaars and high mountain villages. Admire the impressive Roman ruins of Volubilis, go behind the scenes of a film makers heaven in Ait Benhaddou, discover the dramatic red dunes of the Sahara Desert and stroll through the blue streets of Chefchaouen. Journey into Morocco’s heart through its food, religion, language and culture to better understand this exciting nation and passionate people.
Casablanca - Rabat - Meknes
Meknes - Volubilis - Chefchaouen
Merzouga - Sahara Camp
Todra Gorge - M'Goun Valley
Skoura - Ait Benhaddou
- Desert camp (1 night), Gite (2 nights), Riad (3 nights), Hotel (6 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 5 Dinners
- Private minibus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Casablanca - Hassan II Mosque
- Rabat - Kasbah Les Oudayas
- Rabat - Kasbah Oudaya Local Drink
- Rabat - Hassan Tower
- Rabat - Mausoleum Mohammed V
- Rabat - Mausoleum Hassan II
- Volubilis - Entrance and Guided Tour
- Meknes - Medina walking tour
- Fes - Funduq al-Najjarin
- Fes - Al-Attarine Madrasa
- Fes - Medina walking tour
- Midelt - Hike
- Sahara Desert - Camel ride
- Todra Gorge - Leader-led walk
- M'goun Valley - Guided Half Day Hike
- Skoura - Kasbah and Oasis visit
- Ait Benhaddou - Leader-led ksar walk
- Marrakech - Medina walking tour
- Marrakech - Palais Bahia
- Marrakech - Fresh Orange Juice Djemaa el Fna
- Any international flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Morocco Uncovered tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Uncovered tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- If you wish to spend more time in Casablanca or Marrakech, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
- This trip includes a full-day tour around the Medina of Fes on Day 4. You will be walking and on your feet for at least 5 to 6 hours, this is one of the highlights of Morocco and well worth any weariness at the end of the long day.
- On Day 7, the group will take a camel trek through the Sahara. You will set off from your camp on the edge of the desert and back. This is a great way to experience the desert, but if you'd prefer, it's possible to walk alongside the caravan on the sand for about 1 hour.
- On Day 9 you'll visit M’Goun Valley and Todra Gorge. This remote area of Morocco is an amazing place to discover on foot, but to do so you'll need a moderate level of fitness and have the relevant footwear and clothing with you. Don’t worry if trekking isn’t really your thing, there are other activities to do in the valley.
- The weather in Morocco can be extreme. Summer temperatures can be uncomfortably hot, especially for those who aren't accustomed to the heat, so please consider carefully what time of year you travel. If you do travel in the warmer months, pack layers to cover you from the sun, bring the necessary sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
- As Morocco has a tipping culture, travellers are expected to tip small amounts for most services, so please be prepared. Your trip leader and the tipping section of our Essential Trip Information will help to provide you with some suggestions as to what amounts are appropriate.
- Although you shouldn’t expect any aggressive selling techniques in Morocco, please be aware that you may be approached by shop owners and street vendors offering their goods to you on regular occasions.
- We've sourced our accommodation very carefully and picked the best possible hotels in line with the Intrepid style of travel, but please note that service and accommodation in Morocco may differ from standards at home.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point instructions