- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit a women's coop and enjoy a local lunch.
- Watch storytellers and acrobats at Djemaa el Fna square.
- Learn about Moroccan cuisine with a cooking class in a traditional Amazigh house.
- Traverse the Sahara Desert by 4x4.
Discover the rich cultural heritage of Morocco, where many distinct peoples have left their indelible mark—from ancient Romans to the Arabs to the French–and encounter the living legacy of North Africa’s indigenous Amazigh, or Berbers. Explore the atmospheric souks of Marrakech and Fez, witnessing age-old crafts like damascening and hand-painted ceramics; venture to the ancient adobe village of Aït Ben Haddou, used as a filming location for many Hollywood productions; and enjoy lunch with an Amazigh family in a small oasis village. Then head to Essaouria, the windy Atlantic city that was a onetime haven for pirates—and now musicians.
Day 1: Casablanca
Day 2: Casablanca to Fez
Day 3: Fez
Day 4: Fez to Marrakech
Day 5: Marrakech
Day 6: Marrakech/Aït Ben Haddou
Day 7: Aït Ben Haddou/Erg Chigaga
Day 8: Erg Chigaga/Zagora
Day 9: Zagora/Taroudant
Day 10: Taroudant
Day 11: Taroudant/Tafraout
Day 12: Tafraout/Essaouira
Day 13: Essaouira
Day 14: Essaouira/Marrakech
Day 15: Marrakech
- Hotels (13 nts), comfortable desert camp (1 nt).
14 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD380-495 for meals not included.
- Private air-con minivan, walking, 4x4.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Islamic Calligraphy Class, Fès
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Moroccan Foodie Experience, Marrakech
- Your G for Good Moment: Mhaya Village Community Lunch, Meknès
- Your Foodie Moment: Djemaa el Fna Market Square Visit, Marrakech
- Arrival transfer
- Guided city tour of Meknès including the ancient granaries and stables of Moulay Ismail and Bab Mansour
- Guided tour of Volubilis including visit to Roman ruins
- Guided walking tour of the Fès medina including artisans' quarters and Fès tannery
- Guided night walk of Djemaa el Fna square with local meal
- Marrakech medina walk and spice shop visit
- Marrakech tour including souks, Bahia Palace and Saadian Tombs
- Visit the ancient kasbah of Aït Ben Haddou
- Sahara excursion by 4x4 including a visit to the town of Tamegroute
- Overnight in a comfortable, traditional desert camp with dinner under the stars
- Explore the Draa region and orientation tour of Zagora
- Taroudant market visit
- Aït Mansour Gorge excursion
- Visit to Tafraoute
- Explore Essaouira
- Visit Menara Gardens and the Jardin Majorelle
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Morocco: Sahara & Beyond tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 119+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco: Sahara & Beyond tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco: Sahara & Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco: Sahara & Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.