- Food tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Recline on Moroccan Kilims in the shadow of the ancient ruins of Volubilis and picnic on local ingredients, much like the Romans once did
- Fes’ medina is a gift for the senses, with taste the main beneficiary. Take a tasting tour through the souks and learn to prepare the signature dish of the city, pastilla
- Discover desert flavours on an overnight stay in the Sahara
- Sit down to a slowcooked feast of succulent mechoui (lamb) surrounded by the Atlas mountain range
The tagine is the perfect symbol of Morocco – varied in flavour, infinite in possibilities. Discover an intoxicating combination of Arabic, Berber, and European influences on this authentic food adventure. From a market breakfast in classic Casablanca, climb into the hills of the stunning Riff Mountains to gorge on goat’s cheese in Chefchaouen, picnic in the shadow of the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis, taste your way through the medieval laneways of Fes and Marrakech and dine on a Berber specialty in the Sahara desert. From street food and small-batch producers to home-cooked dinners and hands-on cooking classes, this is memorable Morocco on a plate.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
- Riad (7 nights), Desert Camp (1 night), Hotel (1 nights), Gite (2 nights)
- 11 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- Casablanca - Welcome Dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Casablanca - Hassan II Mosque
- Chefchaouen - Guided Walking Tour
- Chefchaouen - Goat Cheese Tasting
- Chefchaouen - Home-cooked Dinner
- Volubilis - Roman Picnic
- Fes - Souk Tasting Trail
- Middle Atlas - Couscous Demonstration and Lunch
- Marrakech - Medina Food Tour
- Tahnaout - Cooking class
- Any international flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Morocco Food Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Food Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Food Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Food Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- As this trip covers quite a lot of ground there are some long drives, particularly from Casablanca to Chefchaouen on Day 2, and the M'Goun Valley to Morocco on Day 10. These are excellent opportunities to get to know your fellow travellers, catch up on some reading, or simply appreciate the scenery.
- On Day 9 you'll visit M’Goun Valley. This remote area of Morocco is an amazing place to discover on foot, but to do so you'll need a moderate level of fitness and have the relevant footwear and clothing with you. Don’t worry if trekking isn’t really your thing, there are plenty of other activities to do in the valley.
- The weather in Morocco can be extreme. Summer temperatures can be uncomfortably hot, especially for those who aren't accustomed to the heat, so please consider carefully what time of year you travel. If you do travel in the warmer months, pack layers to cover you from the sun, bring the necessary sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- Although you shouldn’t expect any aggressive selling techniques in Morocco, please be aware that you may be approached by shop owners and street vendors offering their goods to you on regular occasions.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Joining point instructions
Your fellow travellers