- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Young Adults
- Experience a homestay in Moulay Idriss, widely regarded as Morocco's holiest place, and visit the tomb of Moulay Idriss I, greatgrandson of Mohammed.
- Spend two days relaxing in Essaouira and enjoy a guided walk through the art galleries and wood workshops within this walled seaside city.
- Scale the High Atlas Mountains and trek through scenic Amazigh (Berber) villages, then spend the night with a local family in their gite.
- Travel through the massive sand dunes of the Sahara Desert on a camel, then sleep under the North African stars at a Bedouin camp.
- Step back in time with a guided tour of Fes’s medina. While many tourists get lost in the labyrinthine streets of the medina, you'll have a local to show you the way.
Sparkling coastlines, soaring mountains, lush valleys, and the vast, unforgettable Sahara Desert – this is Morocco Encompassed. Travel in the footsteps of pirates, sultans, and nomadic people, exploring the colonial architecture of Casablanca, the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis, the medieval city of Fes and the intricate clay architecture of the Ait Benhaddou Kasbah. Enjoy the warm local hospitality and embark on exotic adventures like riding a camel over Saharan dunes, hiking in the High Atlas Mountains, and haggling for treasures in bustling souqs. This exhilarating 18-day journey is the ultimate way to discover Morocco.
Day 1: Casablanca
Day 2: Rabat – Moulay Idriss
Day 3: Volubilis – Fes
Day 4: Fes
Day 5: Chefchaouen
Day 6: Chefchaouen
Day 7: Tangier
Day 8: Marrakech
Day 9: Marrakech
Day 10: Aroumd
Day 11: Ait Benhaddou
Day 12: Ouarzazate - Zagora
Day 13: Tamegroute - Erg Chigaga
Day 14: Oulad Berhil
Day 15: Taroudant - Essaouira
Day 16: Essaouira
Day 17: Marrakech
Day 18: Marrakech
- Desert camp (1 night), Gite (1 night), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (10 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night), Riad (3 nights)
- 16 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- 4x4 , Overnight sleeper train , Private Bus , Private vehicle , Public bus , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Moulay Idriss - Leader-led village walk
- Volubilis - Entrance and guided tour
- Fes - Medina walking tour
- Fes - Funduk Nejjarine
- Fes - Medresse el Attarine
- Aroumd - High Atlas Mountains guided hike
- Ait Benhaddou - Leader-led ksar walk
- Ait Benhaddou - Tawesna Tea Break
- Tamegroute - Ancient Library
- Sahara Desert - Camel Ride
- Sahara Desert - 4WD to Erg Chigaga dunes
- Tamegroute - Underground kasbah guided tour
- Essaouira - Guided walking tour
- Any international flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Morocco Encompassed tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 54+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Encompassed tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Encompassed tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Encompassed tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves plenty of walking and is best suited to travellers with a good level of mobility. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
- Accommodation on this trip includes a desert camp, homestays, and basic hotels.
- When travelling in Morocco, temperatures can get very warm. Have a think about what time of year suits you best to travel.
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
- Transport on this trip includes an overnight train journey. Details on this experience can be found in the Transport section.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point instructions