- Climb Mount Toubkal (4167m), the highest mountain in Northern Africa
- Relax in the mountain town of Chefchaouen with its distinctive bluewashed homes
- Stroll through the gardens, mosques, palaces and souqs of Marrakesh
- Explore the UNESCOlisted medieval city of Fes
- Trek through traditional Berber villages with views of the snow capped Atlas Mountains
- View sunrise over the Sahara on a camel ride
- Visit the exotic and well preserved kasbah of Ait Benhaddou
- Marvel at the magnificent Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
- Show more
Trek the High Atlas and journey through the heart of Morocco to experience the highlights of this exotic land. Morocco’s location on the edge of the Sahara, together with its historic trade links with European ports, has shaped its rich cultural heritage. The blend of mosques and minarets, exotic medina's filled with interesting market stalls brimming with spices and scents and great imperial cities are a constant source of intrigue while our trek in the High Atlas provides a remote dimension to our journey. Our fully escorted tour travels from Casablanca to Meknes, Moulay Idriss, Fes and Marrakesh to enjoy a fascinating introduction to the souqs, medina's and riads, take a camel ride to view sunrise over the Sahara and experience the contrasting landscapes of this fascinating land. Wander the narrow lanes in the midst of these cities, mixing with local people and absorbing everything to which your senses are exposed. We also take a fascinating deviation to Chefchaouen, a gorgeous mountain city in northeastern Morocco with its distinctive blue-washed homes and a Mediterranean theme. A trek in the Atlas Mountains follows trails through traditional Berber villages and to alpine pastures. A non-technical ascent of Jebal Toubkal (4167m), the highest mountain in Morocco, is a highlight of the trip before we return to Marrakesh where our adventure concludes.
Day 1 : Join Casablanca
Day 2 : Drive to Rabat (approx 2 hrs drive)
Day 3 : Drive to Chefchaouen (approx 4.5 hrs drive)
Day 4 : Explore Chefchaouen
Day 5 : Drive to Fes via Moulay Idriss, Volubilis and Meknes (approx 4.5 hrs drive)
Day 6 : Explore Fes
Day 7 : Drive to Erg Chebbi (approx 8 hrs drive)
Day 8 : Erg Chebbi, drive to the Dades Gorge (approx 5 hrs drive)
Day 9 : Visit Berber villages en route to Ouarzazate (approx 2.5 hrs drive)
Day 10 : Visit Ait Ben Haddou then to Marrakesh (approx 4.5 hrs drive)
Day 11 : Visit medinas, palaces and gardens in Marrakesh
Day 12 : Drive to Azzadene Valley (approx 3.5 hrs drive) & trek to Tiziane (1600m, 5 hrs)
Day 13 : Trek to Tizgui (1800m, approx 6 hrs)
Day 14 : To Tizi Oussem (1850m, approx 5 hrs)
Day 15 : To Tazagharte refuge (3000m, approx 5 hrs)
Day 16 : Trek to Refuge Nelter (3200m, approx 6-7 hrs)
Day 17 : Summit of Mount Toubkal (4167m, approx 7 hrs)
Day 18 : Trek to Imlil (approx 5 hrs); drive to Marrakesh (approx 1.5 hrs drive)
Day 19 : Trip concludes in Marrakesh
- 6 nights in comfortable hotels on a twinshare basis
- 18 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 12 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 19 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking tour leader, cook and camp crew
- City guides in Rabat, Chefchaouen, Meknes, Fes, Marrakesh
- 6 nights in traditional riads on a twinshare basis
- 2 nights in local homestay on a twinshare basis
- 4 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent, sleeping bag and mat
- Mules and mule handlers to carry personal and group equipment on trek
- Mineral water during trek
- Park entrance and trek fees as listed in itinerary
- Emergency medical kit
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers (if not arriving Day 1 or departing Day 19)
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks; mineral water (except on trek)
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 December 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 December 2022, a deposit of 283 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.