- Desert safaris
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Roman ruins at Volubolis
- Ancient Meknes and Fez
- 4WD desert jeep safari
Our 9 day Moroccan Melodies trip is a great introduction to the captivating cities, small desert towns and archaeological sites that make up this wonderful country. The tour begins in coastal Casablanca where we view the huge Hassan II Mosque on the waterfront before heading to the capital city of Rabat to learn more about the history and culture of Morocco, both ancient and modern by visiting the main sites. From Rabat, we head out of the city to visit the intriguing Roman ruins found at Volubolis as well as the old imperial city of Meknes before travelling onto Fez where we explore the fantastic medieval Medina. From Fez we head into the dramatic landscape of the Atlas Mountains overlooking the Sahara desert. En-route we stop for a fun cooking class learning how to make the Moroccan staple, cous cous. We’ll then experience the natural beauty of the desert first-hand by taking part in a jeep safari and camel ride before watching sun set over the desert dunes and sleeping under the stars in a traditional Berber camp. We continue our tour through the imposing desert landscape with stops at the oasis town of Tinghir and the unique rock formations found at Todra Gorge. The tour then travels back down to Marrakech through the Atlas Mountains with further stops at Ouarzazate and the UNESCO site of Ait Benhaddou. Upon your return to Marrakech, you can extend your tour with a few more days in the city, or even include a few days on the coast at Essaouira.
Day 1 : Arrive into Casablanca
Day 2 : Casablanca / Rabat / Volubolis / Meknes
Day 3 : Fez. City tour
Day 4 : Fez / Midelt / Cous cous cooking class
Day 5 : Erg Chebbi sand dunes / camel ride / Berber desert camp
Day 6 : Tinghir, Todra Gorge, Ouarzazate
Day 7 : Ait Benhaddou, Atlas Mountains, Ourika Valley
Day 8 : Marrakech, City tour
Day 9 : Marrakech. Departure transfer to the airport
- Accommodation in 4-star level hotels, a comfortable Berber desert camp and basic Berber village stay
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers with a local driver
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local tour guide/ leader throughout
- Entrances fees to sights as stated
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Hotel Gala Dinners if charged on 24 & 31 Dec
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 85 today.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Moroccan Melodies tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Moroccan Melodies tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Moroccan Melodies tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.