- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Don't get in a hoof when you're offered a camel burger in Meknes – it’s a local delicacy! And like all good food in the medina, this unusual lunch is cooked before your eyes at a holeinthewall restaurant.
- Prepare for the best mint tea of your life on a visit to the Tawesna teahouse. This experience is more than just a cuppa, it’s about discovering a culture, sharing a true moment and contributing to the economic inclusion of women – be part of it!
- It's easy to get lost in a labyrinth (think less David Bowie film, more medieval maze), especially when there are enticing distractions at every turn. Never fear, your local guide knows the city of Fes like a lifelong friend.
- Who knows where the best street food is in Marrakech? Those who know the streets of Marrakech best. Venture out for some street food tasting in the maze of Marrakech streets with a local expert.
From couscous to camels, mint tea to tanneries, get a taste of Morocco’s best bits on this ‘Moorish’ adventure through mountains, gorges, desert and Berber villages. Kick start in the French-infused port city of Casablanca, hang out with a local family on a homestay in Moulay Idriss, navigate the mother of all medinas in the cultural capital of Fes, wind your way up through Tizi n’Tichka and the High Atlas mountains, before indulging in a Berber-style BBQ, riding camels along the sand dunes during sunset, and setting up camp under the Saharan stars. From the colourful and chaotic Marrakech markets to the rolling hills and Roman ruins of Volubilis – this is an essential adventure through Morocco that you can’t miss!
Meknes - Moulay Idriss
Todra Gorge - Dades Valley
High Atlas - Marrakech
- Desert camp (1 night), Guesthouse (2 nights), Hotel (7 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Camel , Minibus , On foot , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Mint tea making demo
- Camel burger lunch
- Meknes - Medina walking tour
- Volubilis - Entrance and guided tour
- Fes - Medina walking tour
- Fes - Al-Attarine Madrasa
- Berber village walk
- Sahara Desert - Camel ride
- Ait Benhaddou - Tea at Tawsna association
- Marrakech - Medina walking tour
- Street food tasting in Old Medina
- Marrakech - Palais Bahia
- Any international flights to Casablanca and from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Morocco tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Morocco tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Morocco tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Morocco tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a trip designed for travellers aged 18 to 29 – full of fun, flexibility and plenty of free time to explore at your own pace.
- In a full-day tour around the Medina of Fes (Day 4), you'll be on your feet for a good five to six hours. Keep in mind that this is one of the highlights of Morocco and well worth the exertion!
- The camel trek through the Sahara (Day 6) is an amazing way to experience the desert, but it may be painful on your backside. If you'd prefer, it's possible to walk alongside the caravan on the sand for about an hour (walk isn't too demanding, you'll be fine with basic level of fitness).
- The Todra Gorge visit (Day 7) takes you to a remote area of Morocco. It is an amazing place to discover on foot, but to do so you'll need a moderate level of fitness and suitable footwear and clothing. If trekking isn’t your thing, have no fear, as there are plenty of other activities to do in the valley.
- The weather in Morocco can be extreme. Summer temperatures can be uncomfortably hot, especially if you're not used to the heat. If you do travel in the warmer months, bring the necessary sun protection and drink plenty of water. At night the temperature can really drop, so bring your warm clothes. Camping can be especially cold at the start and end of the season. Even in the warmer months the temperature can be low in the mountains.
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
- Although you shouldn’t expect any aggressive selling techniques in Morocco, please be aware that you may be approached regularly by shop owners and street vendors.
- We've sourced our accommodation carefully and picked the best possible hotels in line with the Intrepid style of travel, but please note that service and accommodation in Morocco may be different to western standards.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description