- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the natural & historical highlights of Morocco
- Visit historical landmarks in Rabat, Fez, Ouarzazate & Marrakech
- Enjoy unforgettable hiking trips in the Atlas Mountains & the Sahara Desert
- Travel with experienced tour guides with deep knowledge of Moroccan history & culture
This 11-day, active, small-group tour is the ultimate introduction to Morocco's breathtaking vistas and ancient cities. Start your journey from Casablanca with a drive through wide farming plains to Rabat. Explore Chefchaouen during a walking tour with a local guide before heading for the ancient city of Fez.
Put on your walking shoes and head for the Atlas Mountains from Fez. Travel through copses of evergreen pine, cedar and poplar trees. You might even encounter nomadic Berber people along the way. The mountains eventually give way to the vast expanse of the Sahara Desert. Try climbing the massive Merzouga dunes, some of which are around 250 m high.
Spend a night camping in the desert under the starry African sky. Next on the itinerary is a hiking trip in the valley of Todra, known for its series of river canyons carved out of limestone. Leave the wilderness behind and head back to civilization after that. Visit the cities of Marrakesh and Essaouira and see their highlights before the trip comes to an end in Casablanca, the final destination of your itinerary.
Travel in a small group lead by knowledgeable and experienced local tour guides throughout this tour. Please scroll down to see the itinerary.
Day 1: Casablanca arrival and transfer to Rabat
Day 2: Rabat – Chefchaouen – Volubilis – Moulay Idriss – Fez
Day 3: Fez sightseeing tour
Day 4: Fez – Midelt – Erfoud – Merzouga Dunes
Day 5: Merzouga – Tinghir – Boumalene Dades – Ouarzazate
Day 6: Ouarzazate – Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech
Day 7: Guided tour of Marrakech
Day 8: Marrakech – Ourika Valley – Marrakech
Day 9: Marrakech – Essaouira
Day 10: Essaouira – Casablanca
Day 11: Casablanca departure
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 9 Dinners
- Accommodation as per the itinerary on a twin/double share basis (additional single supplement for solo travelers not included)
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. All transport as per the itineray
- Experienced, English-speaking local tour guides
- Sightseeing tours and hiking trips as per the itinerary
- single Supplement
- Airline tickets
- Morocco visa fees
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers and must be booked at an additional cost
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.