- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Off the beaten road trails and paths with stunning views of the “Costa da Morte”
- Stay in welcoming casas Rurales and modern hotels in small fishing villages of Galicia
- Magnificent sandy beaches
- Discovering vast and impressive landscapes, which are green and lush throughout the year
Follow the coastal Camino along the stunning cliffs of Galicia. The Camiño dos Faros trail was created by four friends with the aim of connecting all the lighthouses of the Costa da Morte along the northwestern Spanish coast between Malpica and Finisterre. Their main objective was to stay as close as possible to the coast, following a series of small footpaths and dirt trails along stunning cliffs and long sandy almost deserted beaches which cannot be reached easily by car. Galician fishermen, specialists in difficult to catch fish, have for centuries used these paths which can at time be quite exposed. This moderately graded walk requires sure-footedness and a head for heights, although our route avoids treacherous sections of the trail with vehicle transfers. The joy of walking this route is the opportunity to swim in small coves uncrowded even in the middle of summer and ascend cliffs to view impressive coastal scenery. Evenings are spent in small fishing villages in welcoming accommodation. The cuisine of the region is exceptional with opportunities to dine in a range of establishments from Michelin star restaurants to a shack by the sea selling freshly grilled fish.
Day 1 : Arrival in Carballo (near A Coruña)
Day 2 : Transfer to Malpica de Bergantiños, walk to seaside Barizo (5hrs)
Day 3 : Loop walk via Faro Nariga and Niñons beach (7hrs), options to shorten
Day 4 : Transfer to Roncudo, walk to Ponteceso (5hrs or 4hrs), transfer to Laxe
Day 5 : Walk the coastal trail to Camelle harbour (5.5hrs), transfer to Laxe
Day 6 : A hilly walk from Arou to Mourin (5-6hrs)
Day 7 : Via Cabo Vilan lighthouse to Camariñas (5hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights in a mix of 3 star hotels and simple rural hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes & maps (one per room booked)
- 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners. Breakfasts are usually continental inclusive of breads, cheese, ham, tea, coffee & juices. Dinner will consist of 3 courses, usually starting with a salad, followed by chicken, red meat, fish or a pasta dish & finishing with a dessert of fruit or cakes
- Luggage transfer (max 20kgs per person)
- Transfers as described (days 2, 4, 5, 6 & 8)
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Carballo and from Vimianzo
- Drinks and lunches daily, 5 dinners
- Items of a personal nature including laundry, phone calls, etc
- Entrance fees
- Guide - this is a self guided tour
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Transfers not noted as included
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 43 today.
- Save US$ 28+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Camino dos Faros: The Lighthouse Way tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Camino dos Faros: The Lighthouse Way tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Camino dos Faros: The Lighthouse Way tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.