- Walking tour
- City sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- duration 8.5 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take a township tour of Khayelitsha with a local guide
- Meet inspiring local business owners and township community members
- Experience the community by dropping in on a nursery class or helping plant a local garden
- Marvel at the street art of Woodstock
Enjoy an artisanal coffee at the Department of Coffee. Hear the story about this innovative group of young guys who were the first to bring coffee culture into the township. After you've enjoyed your brew, meander the sandy streets of Khayelitsha where you will be introduced to a variety of educational and inspiring street art.
After you've gotten a glimpse of how much pride there is in the community, it's time to get involved! If you love kids, you'll love teaching a class of eager Khayelitsha nursery school children. Or, you can choose to participate in an exciting sustainability program where you will assist local residents in planting gardens out of recycled materials. This immersive experience is sure to provide you with a whole new perspective and appreciation of life in the Cape.
After you've worked up an appetite, you'll enjoy a traditional "township style" lunch at a local hotspot.
Once you've experienced the vibrancy and culture of the township, you'll head back into Cape Town and explore the street art of Woodstock. Woodstock is the home of many of Cape Town's artists and creative types and serves as an open canvas for an array of colourful artworks. Your guide will take you on a journey on foot through the streets and tell you the often-inspirational meanings behind the murals posted by both local and international artists. You may even get to meet one or two of the artists in their studios. It's a great way to experience Woodstock and get a better understanding of the area, its history and its residents.
- Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
- Private driver/guide
- Guided walking tour of Khayelitsha
- Street art walking tour
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure: 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
3 to 30 days prior to tour departure: 20% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
30 days or more prior to tour departure: 10% cancellation fee will be charged for costs incurred.