- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Greet another remarkable day in southern Africa as the sun rises over Kruger National Park and an elephant and her young calf wander past you. Keep your sense of wonder at the ready on a 21-day adventure that takes in the iconic sights of Southern Africa. Fall for Cape Town’s remarkable beauty, feel the power of Victoria Falls reverberate in your core, and watch for the "big five" alongside a researcher from National Geographic's Big Cats Initiative.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town/Johannesburg
Day 5: Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area
Day 6: Kruger National Park
Day 7: Greater Kruger Area/Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 8: Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 9: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg
Day 10: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls
Day 11: Victoria Falls
Day 12: Victoria Falls
Day 13: Victoria Falls/Hwange National Park
Day 14: Hwange National Park
Day 15: Hwange/Chobe NP
Day 16: Chobe NP
Day 17: Kasane/Okavango Delta
Day 18: Okavango Delta
Day 19: Okavango Delta
Day 20: Okavango Delta/Maun
Day 21: Maun
- Hotels (9 nts), safari lodges/camps (6 nts), comfortable safari tent (2 nt), comfortable tent or chalets (2 nts), bush camp (1 nt).
20 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 15 dinners
Note: Allow USD320-420 for meals not included.
- Plane, air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, 4x4, walking, boat, mokoro.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) for Kruger and Botswana, local CEO in Cape Town and Victoria Falls, local guides/rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens Guided Tour, Cape Town
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Carnivore Conservation Experience, Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Zimbabwean Family Dinner, Victoria Falls
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Painted Dog Conservation, Hwange National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Okavango Wilderness Project Experience, Okavango Delta
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Botswana Storytelling and Traditional Dinner, Maun
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue), Johannesburg
- Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion to Cape Point and Boulders Beach
- Traditional South African braai (BBQ)
- Panorama Route scenic drive
- Private nature reserve wildlife safari drives in open vehicles
- Open-vehicle wildlife safari drives in Kruger, Hwange and Chobe National Parks
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Chobe boat safari
- Wildlife excursions by boat and on foot in the Okavango Panhandle
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Maun are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Great Southern Africa Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 467 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 311 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 18 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Great Southern Africa Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Great Southern Africa Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.