- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Small group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
Southern Africa harbours indescribable natural wonders: here, majestic creatures roam their native lands much as they have for centuries. Embark on an unforgettable safari adventure through South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Botswana, travelling from the wilds of Kruger National Park to awe-inspiring Victoria Falls and the lush green waterways of the Okavango Panhandle. Watch for the African “big five” in the region’s finest wildlife reserves, meet with National Geographic–supported researchers in the field, and experience local life and culture in vibrant cities.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town/Johannesburg
Day 5: Johannesburg/Kruger National Park
Day 6: Kruger National Park
Day 7: Kruger National Park/Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 8: Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 9: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg
Day 10: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls
Day 11: Victoria Falls
Day 12: Victoria Falls
Day 13: Victoria Falls/Hwange National Park
Day 14: Hwange National Park
Day 15: Hwange/Chobe NP
Day 16: Chobe NP
Day 17: Kasane/Okavango Delta
Day 18: Okavango Delta
Day 19: Okavango Delta
Day 20: Okavango Delta/Maun
Day 21: Maun
- Hotels (9 nts), safari lodges/camps (6 nts), comfortable safari tent (2 nt), comfortable tent or chalets (2 nts), bush camp (1 nt).
19 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 13 dinners
Note: Allow USD370-485 for meals not included.
- Plane, air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, 4x4 vehicle, walking, boat, mokoro.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) for Kruger and Botswana, local CEO in Cape Town and Victoria Falls, local guides/rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens Guided Tour
- Cape Town
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Carnivore Conservation Experience
- Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Zimbabwean Family Dinner
- Victoria Falls
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Painted Dog Conservation
- Hwange National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Okavango Wilderness Project Research Camp
- Okavango Delta
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Botswana Storytelling and Traditional Dinner
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue)
- Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion to Cape Point and Boulders Beach
- Traditional South African braai (BBQ)
- Panorama Route scenic drive
- Private nature reserve wildlife safari drives in open vehicles
- Open-vehicle wildlife safari drives in Kruger
- Hwange and Chobe National Parks
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Chobe boat safari
- Wildlife excursions by boat and on foot in the Okavango Panhandle
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Maun are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Great Southern Africa Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 515 today.
- Earn US$ 342+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Great Southern Africa Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Great Southern Africa Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Great Southern Africa Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 12 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.