- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Taste some artisanal, handmade ice cream
- Enjoy a beer and gin tasting
- Indulge in some locallyroasted coffee and chocolate
- Meet the people who have helped revitalise Cape Town’s vibrant Woodstock neighbourhood
Locals know, that one of the best ways to get to know a new city is by visiting its neighbourhoods. That’s exactly what you’ll be doing on this fun, food and drink-filled tour of the vibrant Woodstock area of Cape Town. Explore alongside a local, hearing stories of how this part of the city has been revitalized by the small business owners you’ll meet along the way. This is your chance to eat, shop, and drink like a local – Cape Town style!
Cape Town has many unique neighbourhoods well worth exploring, but this tour focuses on the Woodstock/Salt River area, known for its unique, independent shops and small businesses. Most of the city descends into the area on Saturdays, but we know enough people and cool places to visit to make it fun every day.
Our first stop will take us to the Woodstock Exchange, a mixed-use venue featuring galleries, funky shops, and cafes.
Have a look around the Woodstock Exchange and hear a bit about the area and its current redevelopment before heading to another shop owned by a friendly local. Here, we’ll be going for a taste of something sweet, and to hear about how artisan ice cream has become a new trend in the Cape.
From the Exchange, we’ll walk over to The Old Biscuit Mill, another cool Cape Town space devoted to unique shops, great food, and community events. We’ll stop in for a tasting of coffee and chocolate, both roasted right on the premises.
We end the tour with a few more tastings, this time of some local gin and beer, along with a peek into a distillery. If we make a good impression they might just let us stay after closing.
The area shuts down around 6 pm so it would be a good idea to make our way towards the city center at that point. Your guide can give you all the necessary information on how to get back and what else to see and do while you’re in Cape Town.
- Local English-speaking guide
- One gin tasting one beer tasting
- One ice cream
- Extra gratuities for the vendors.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Taste of Woodstock tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Taste of Woodstock tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Taste of Woodstock tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
The Woodstock Exchange, 66 - 68 Albert Road, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925, South AfricaMeeting end point :
Devils peak brewery’s Taproom. 150 Cecil rd, salt river, cape town.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.