- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cape Peninsula: Embark on one of the world’s most legendary drives, journeying from the city centre along the Cape Peninsula towards Cape Point.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: As you wander along the trails, be sure to stay alert for your chance to catch a glimpse of the abundant wildlife that live here, including reebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: Explore Boulders Beach and learn about the surrounding flora and fauna, including local residents, a colony of African Penguins. Learn about the surrounding flora and fauna, including local residents, a colony of African penguins.
- Table Mountain: Enjoy a ride to the summit of Table Mountain on the famous cable car with 360degree views of the Mother City. At the top, enjoy a private drink reception and marvel at the African sunset.
A showcase of beautiful wilderness, eclectic cultures, warm hospitality and rich heritage, this journey will take you from cosmopolitan Cape Town into the heart of Big Five territory. Uncover the history of South Africa, while luxuriously travelling like the intrepid explorers of the past. Meet extraordinary local characters, and taste the Cape’s finest wines and culinary delights. Your journey concludes with a three-day safari in the Sabi Sands, known for having one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species.
Day 1: Welcome to the Mother City.
Day 2: Cape Peninsula and Lunch in Kalk Bay.
Day 3: Majestic Table Mountain.
Day 4: Historic Cape Winelands.
Day 5: Amy Foundation and Robben Island.
Day 6: Luxury Safari Experience.
Day 7: Looking for the Big Five.
Day 8: We're going on a Safari.
Day 9: Farewell South Africa.
- Cape Town: Enjoy a dazzling Welcome Dinner, hosted at The Azure restaurant. Boasting unrivalled views of the harbour and Table Mountain, The Azure offers traditional fine dining inspired by the diverse cuisine brought to South Africa by its early settlers. Taste some of the Cape’s top wines, as you drink a toast to your journey ahead.
- Cape Point: You’re invited to an exquisite lunch with wine at the elegant Harbour House in Kalk Bay, bringing you as close as possible to the water as you admire views of False Bay and the Hottentots Mountain Range.
- Kruger National Park: After your evening game drive, raise a glass to your travels as you savour your Celebration Dinner beneath a blanket of stars.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 5 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Cape Town: Join Christo Brand, a former prison guard at the Victor Verster prison - where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27-year-long imprisonment - for lunch at the Amy Foundation and hear fascinating stories about one of history’s most heroic figures.
- Kruger National Park: Situated in the Sabi Sands, which boasts one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species, the Lion Sands Lodges offer, luxury suites with private decks and plunge pools, and an open-air lounge and dining area, overlooking the Sabie River.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Boschendal Wine Estate: Savour a delicious farm to table meal at The Werf Restaruant. Guided by the rhythm of the seasons, Chef Allistaire Lawrence creates a contemporary menu from the best available local and ethically-sourced produce.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Cape Winelands: One of the oldest and grandest wine estate’s in the Cape, Vergelegen boasts lovely gardens and a stunning Cape Dutch manor house. Explore the grounds and enjoy a private wine tasting.
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Johannesburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Spectacular South Africa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 257+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spectacular South Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 April 2021, a deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spectacular South Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spectacular South Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.