- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
From multicultural cities to awe-inspiring landscapes and iconic wildlife, discover southern Africa’s most incredible attractions on one epic journey. Scan the grasslands of Kruger National Park for elephants and big cats, take in the otherworldly desert vistas of Namibia, and feel the thundering power of Victoria Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy delicious traditional foods along the way, and get a taste of daily life on visits to local markets.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town/Johannesburg
Day 5: Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area
Day 6: Kruger National Park
Day 7: Greater Kruger Area/Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 8: Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 9: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg
Day 10: Johannesburg/Windhoek
Day 11: Windhoek/Sesriem
Day 12: Sesriem
Day 13: Sesriem/Swakopmund
Day 14: Swakopmund
Day 15: Swakopmund/Palmwag
Day 16: Palmwag/Etosha National Park Area
Day 17: Etosha National Park Area
Day 18: Etosha National Park Area/Windhoek
Day 19: Windhoek/Victoria Falls
Day 20: Victoria Falls
Day 21: Victoria Falls
- Guest house (2 nts), hotel/lodge (14 nts), comfortable safari camp (2 nts), comfortable tent or chalets (2 nts).
20 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 13 dinners
Note: Allow USD390-510 for meals not included.
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, 4x4, open safari vehicle, plane, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) for Kruger & Namibia, local CEO in Cape Town and Victoria Falls, local guides/rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens Guided Tour, Cape Town
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Carnivore Conservation Experience, Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Mondesa Township Walk, Swakopmund
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Cheetah Conservation Experience, Otjiwarongo
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Zimbabwean Family Dinner, Victoria Falls
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue), Johannesburg
- Arrival transfer
- Orientation drive of Cape Town
- Excursion to Cape Point and Boulders Beach
- Soweto tour
- Panorama Route scenic drive
- Kruger National Park and private nature reserve wildlife safari drives in open vehicles
- Sossusvlei desert excursion
- Desert excursion with a local
- View the Twyfelfontein ancient petroglyphs
- Full-day open-vehicle wildlife safari drive in Etosha
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Africa Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 248+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Africa Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.