Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-23790
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Embark on a thrilling safari in Kruger National Park.
- Examine three million-year-old hominid fossils in the Cradle of Humankind.
- Visit rescued chimpanzees at a sanctuary run by the Jane Goodall Institute.
- Feel the thundering power of Victoria Falls
Boasting jaw-dropping scenery and some of the planet’s most iconic wildlife, Southern Africa makes for an unforgettable family adventure. On this action-packed journey, venture to South Africa to seek out the legendary “big five” on safari, soak up the charms of cosmopolitan Cape Town, and see penguins march along Boulders Beach. Then top off your journey in Zimbabwe with a tour of thundering Victoria Falls.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town/Greater Kruger Area
Day 5: Kruger National Park
Day 6: Greater Kruger Area
Day 7: Greater Kruger Area/Johannesburg
Day 8: Cradle of Humankind
Day 9: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls
Day 10: Victoria Falls
Day 11: Victoria Falls
- Hotel (3 nts), safari lodge (7 nts)
10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD255-335 for meals not included.
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, walking, plane
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout, including a local CEO in Victoria Falls, local guides/rangers
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Jane Goodall Chimp Eden Tour, Nelspruit
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Cradle of Humankind Experience, Johannesburg
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue), Johannesburg
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion to Cape Point including the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Kruger National Park wildlife safari drives in open vehicle
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 147+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 July 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 July 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.