- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Embark on a thrilling safari in Kruger National Park.
- Examine three millionyearold hominin fossils in the Cradle of Humankind.
- Visit rescued chimpanzees at a sanctuary run by the Jane Goodall Institute.
- Feel the thundering power of Victoria Falls
Boasting jaw-dropping scenery and some of the planet’s most iconic wildlife, southern Africa makes for an unforgettable family adventure. On this action-packed journey, venture to South Africa to seek out the legendary “big five” on safari, soak up the charms of cosmopolitan Cape Town, and see penguins march along Boulders Beach. Then top off your journey in Zimbabwe with a tour of thundering Victoria Falls.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town/Greater Kruger Area
Day 5: Kruger National Park
Day 6: Greater Kruger Area
Day 7: Greater Kruger Area/Johannesburg
Day 8: Cradle of Humankind
Day 9: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls
Day 10: Victoria Falls
Day 11: Victoria Falls
- Hotel (5 nts), safari lodge (3 nts), guest house (2 nts)
10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD255-335 for meals not included.
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, walking, plane
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout, including a local CEO in Victoria Falls, local guides/rangers
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Jane Goodall Chimp Eden Tour, Nelspruit
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Cradle of Humankind Experience, Johannesburg
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue), Johannesburg
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion to Cape Point including the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Kruger National Park wildlife safari drives in open vehicle
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 215 today.
- Earn US$ 143+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 7 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic Family JourneysTrips for adventure-loving families in search of a meaningful way to discover the world together.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Merchandising : Jane Goodall CollectionA selection of wildlife-focused tours endorsed by world renowned primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall. Your purchase of a Jane Goodall Collection tour helps G Adventures support the Jane Goodall Institute’s mission to protect wildlife and empower local communities. Learn more.
- 5. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.