- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Embark on a thrilling safari in Kruger National Park.
- Examine three millionyearold hominin fossils in the Cradle of Humankind.
- Visit rescued chimpanzees at a sanctuary run by the Jane Goodall Institute.
- Feel the thundering power of Victoria Falls
Boasting jaw-dropping scenery and some of the planet’s most iconic wildlife, southern Africa makes for an unforgettable family adventure. On this action-packed journey, venture to South Africa to seek out the legendary “big five” on safari, soak up the charms of cosmopolitan Cape Town, and see penguins march along Boulders Beach. Then top off your journey in Zimbabwe with a tour of thundering Victoria Falls.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town/Greater Kruger Area
Day 5: Kruger National Park
Day 6: Greater Kruger Area
Day 7: Greater Kruger Area/Johannesburg
Day 8: Cradle of Humankind
Day 9: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls
Day 10: Victoria Falls
Day 11: Victoria Falls
- Hotel (5 nts), safari lodge (3 nts), guest house (2 nts)
10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD255-335 for meals not included.
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, walking, plane
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout, including a local CEO in Victoria Falls, local guides/rangers
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Jane Goodall Chimp Eden Tour
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Cradle of Humankind Experience
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue)
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion to Cape Point including the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Kruger National Park wildlife safari drives in open vehicle
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 255 today.
- Earn US$ 170+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Family Journey: In Search of the Big Five tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 7 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.