- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Augrabies Falls National Park
- Encounter wildlife on game drives in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Journey to the spectacular Fish River Canyon
- Walk among the giant dunes of Sossusvlei in the Namib Desert
A classic overland journey through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. The countries that lie at the southern end of the African continent evoke a strong spirit of the wild. From the seemingly empty and endless dunes of the Namibian desert, to the teeming animal life of the Okavango River, this itinerary traverses the greatest parks, reserves and landscapes that Africa’s south has to offer. From Cape Town we head north towards the arid wilderness of Namibia. We marvel at the enormity of the Fish River Canyon, explore the boundless Namib Desert and search for desert elephants in Etosha National Park. In Botswana we enjoy some of Africa’s greatest wildlife experiences along the Okavango and Chobe Rivers. The magnificent Victoria Falls provides a backdrop to a multitude of adventurous options and is the end point of this fabulous journey through southern Africa.
Day 1 : Cape Town
Day 2 : Cape Town peninsula tour
Day 3 : Namaqualand (approx 360 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 4 : Augrabies Falls National Park (approx 600 kms/8 hrs drive)
Day 5-6 : Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (approx 360 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 7 : Fish River Canyon (approx 470 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 8-9 : Sesriem and Sossusvlei (approx 520 kms/8 hrs drive)
Day 10 : To Swakopmund (approx 380 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 11 : Spitzkoppe (approx 150 kms - 125 kms tarmac & 25 kms gravel/2 hrs drive)
Day 12-13 : Etosha National Park (approx 530 kms/9 hrs drive)
Day 14 : Kavango River - Rundu (approx 420 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 15-16 : Okavango Delta (approx 300 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 17 : Kwando River (approx 310 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 18-19 : Chobe River (approx 300 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 20 : Victoria Falls (approx 90 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 21 : Victoria Falls, trip concludes
- 20 breakfasts, 16 lunches, 16 dinners
- Private vehicle transport in custom built vehicles designed for African conditions, with fridge, forward-facing high back seats and ample storage
- English speaking local guide and 2 camp assistants/cooks
- National Park and permit fees
- All camping gear (including sleeping bag & pillow) spacious 2 person safari tents, camp bed and comfortable safari folding chair
- Group camping equipment, reference library and first aid box
- Game drives and boat cruise per itinerary
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Optional activities where indicated in the itinerary
- Lunch and dinner where not indicated on the itinerary
- Entrance into Victoria Falls National Park
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, souvenirs etc
- Travel Insurance
- For 2018 dates - Local payment of 2500 South African Rand payable to tour leader on day 1
- For 2019 dates - Local payment of 3000 South African Rand payable to tour leader on day 1
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 97 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 312 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.