- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Augrabies Falls National Park
- Encounter wildlife on game drives in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Journey to the spectacular Fish River Canyon
- Walk among the giant dunes of Sossusvlei in the Namib Desert
A classic overland journey through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. The countries that lie at the southern end of the African continent evoke a strong spirit of the wild. From the seemingly empty and endless dunes of the Namibian desert, to the teeming animal life of the Okavango River, this itinerary traverses the greatest parks, reserves and landscapes that Africa’s south has to offer. From Cape Town we head north towards the arid wilderness of Namibia. We marvel at the enormity of the Fish River Canyon, explore the boundless Namib Desert and search for desert elephants in Etosha National Park. In Botswana we enjoy some of Africa’s greatest wildlife experiences along the Okavango and Chobe Rivers. The magnificent Victoria Falls provides a backdrop to a multitude of adventurous options and is the end point of this fabulous journey through southern Africa.
Day 1 : Arrive Victoria Falls
Day 2-3 : Chobe River (approx 90 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 4 : Kwando River (approx 300 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 5-6 : Okavango Delta (approx 310 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 7 : Kavango River - Rundu (approx 300 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 8-9 : Etosha National Park (approx 420 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 10 : Spitzkoppe (approx 530 kms - 250 kms tarmac & 280 kms gravel/9 hrs drive)
Day 11 : Swakopmund (approx 150 kms - 25 kms gravel & 125 kms tarmac/2 hrs drive)
Day 12-13 : Sesriem and Sossusvlei (approx 380 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 14 : Fish River Canyon (approx 520 kms/8 hrs drive)
Day 15-16 : Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (approx 470 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 17 : Augrabies Falls National Park (approx 360 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 18 : Namaqualand (approx 600 kms/8 hrs drive)
Day 19 : To Cape Town (approx 360 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 20 : Cape Town and Peninsula
Day 21 : Cape Town, trip concludes
- 20 breakfasts, 16 lunches, 16 dinners
- Private vehicle transport in custom built vehicles designed for African conditions, with fridge, forward-facing high back seats and ample storage
- English speaking local guide and 2 camp assistants/cooks
- National Park and permit fees
- All camping gear (including sleeping bag & pillow) spacious 2 person safari tents, camp bed and comfortable safari folding chair
- Group camping equipment, reference library and first aid box
- Game drives and boat cruise per itinerary
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Optional activities where indicated in the itinerary
- Lunch and dinner where not indicated on the itinerary
- Entrance into Victoria Falls National Park
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, souvenirs etc
- Travel Insurance
- For 2018 dates - Local payment of 2500 South African Rand payable to tour leader on day 1
- For 2019 dates - Local payment of 3000 South African Rand payable to tour leader on day 1
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 135 today.
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Africa Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.