- 4x4, quad and ATV trips
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cape Town Discover an iconic, vibrant city surrounded by mountains and sea
- African penguins Watch the colony in its natural habitat at the rugged Stony Point Nature Reserve
- Stellenbosch Taste wines from worldrenowned wine producers against the stunning backdrop of the Winelands
- Tsitsikamma National Park Explore this marine and forest park in the heart of the famous Garden Route
Discover South Africa's most iconic road trip; The Garden Route. Vibrant Cape Town, African penguin colonies, world-renowned wine-tasting and spotting herds of elephants are some highlights along this route of cities, beaches, desert and forest. Stellenbosch - Taste wines among rolling vineyards in the Cape Winelands National Parks - Explore and sleep at the coastal Tsitsikamma National Park plus safari and overnight in the wild Addo Elephant National Park Hermanus - Spot the migrating mammals from land in the whale watching capital of the world (in season).
Day 1 : Join trip in Cape Town
Day 2 : Explore Cape Peninsula National Park
Day 3 : Free day in Cape Town; evening in Stellenbosch
Day 4 : Free day in Stellenbosch to visit a vineyard
Day 5 : Travel to Hermanus via Stony Point's African Penguin Colony
Day 6 : Visit Cape Agulhas. Spend the night on the banks of the Breede River
Day 7 : Opportunity for rafting on the Breede River. Drive to Oudtshoorn
Day 8 : Visit Cango Caves and take in the views at Knysna Heads
Day 9 : Discover Robberg Nature Reserve. Free afternoon in Plettenberg Bay
Day 10 : Walk, kayak or discover the tree canopy at Tsitsikamma National Park
Day 11 : Experience a game drive at Addo Elephant National Park
Day 12 : Search for wildlife as the sunrises. Trip ends at Addo Elephant Park.
- 11 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Noordhoek Village Hotel (2 nights)
- Stellenbosch Lodge (2 nights)
- Windsor Hotel (1 night)
- Round the Bend Lodge (1 night)
- Kleinplaas Resort (1 night)
- The Dunes Resort (2 nights)
- Tsitsikamma Coastal Cottages (1 night)
- Addo Elephant Forest Cabins (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Addo Elephant National Park are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Africa's Garden Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa's Garden Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa's Garden Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa's Garden Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.