Shark Cage Diving Tour
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 10 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-11655
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Come facetoface with sharks in a thrilling cagediving experience
- Explore Hermanus and other small towns along the way
- Discover Stony Point, one of the largest free roaming penguin colonies
- Travel in a luxury sedan or minibus with private guide/driver
Be prepared for an early morning pick up, usually around 06:00am. We journey along a scenic road in the Western Cape in a luxury sedan or minivan as we head towards the town of Gansbaai, world-renowned for its shark diving facilities. Enjoy a light breakfast upon arrival at the diving base and get an introductory briefing with the diving crew. We then board the chartered boat for a thrilling cage-diving adventure. Experience the unique sensation of coming up close to sharks in the complete safety of a cage! There will be fresh towels and diving equipment provided on board the boat during the 3 to 4-hour experience, along with a dive certificate and DVD of the day upon your return to base.
Once we return to the base, we freshen up with a hot shower and clean towels. Then we set off to return to Cape Town. Along the way, we stop in the town of Hermanus, known for its high plant diversity and whale watching activities. Guests will have the option to either taste regional wines at 2 wineries of the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, or look for whales from the shore during whale watching season. An alternate option would be to enjoy a 3-course food and wine pairing lunch at Creation wine estate.
Thereafter, we continue through the small coastal village of Betty’s Bay, where you can see one of the largest penguin colonies of Cape Town at Stony Point. You will be dropped off at your accommodation at the end of the tour.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Chilled bottle water onboard the vehicle
- Entrance fees to the Shark Cage Diving boat
- Shared boat with a small group of divers
- Transportation in sedan or minibus with driver
- Meals and drinks
- Wine tasting fees
- Earn US$ 13+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.