Half Day Table Mountain & City Tour
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- City sightseeing
- Sightseeing tour
- duration 4.5 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 2-99 yrs
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-12513
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Stand on the top of Table Mountain and view outstanding panoramas of Cape Town and beyond
- See the beauty of Table Mountain National Park and its flora and fauna
- Tour of the city, including the Malay Quarter, Castle of Good Hope, Diamond Works and more
As we follow the city's main thoroughfare, Adderley Street, we will see St. George's Cathedral, the Anglican Diocese of Nobel Peace Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu. We will pass the Company Gardens and the Malay Quarter (also known as the Bo-Kaap, which means "Above Cape" because of its location up against the slopes of Table Mountain). In the early 18th Century, thousands of slaves from Java, Ceylon and other Far Eastern regions were brought to Cape Town. After slavery was abolished, their descendants, known as the Cape Malays, settled here.
Continue to join a sparkling tour, witnessing the art of diamond cutting and the careful craftsmanship of jewellery manufacturing by skilled experts. Discover the history of the diamond and gold trade in South Africa.
You will be offered the option of continuing to Table Mountain, where you can ascend to the top (weather permitting) by the rotating cable car. Here you will see wildflowers and the famous silver tree, and marvel at a bird's-eye view of the city and its beaches. On a clear day, it is even possible to see Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on one side and Cape Point on the other.
Afterwards, we descend the mountain, before heading back to the city centre.
- Return transfers from central Cape Town hotels
- Entrance to Castle of Good Hope (time permitting) and Diamond Works
- English guide (German/English guide on Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat, morning tour only)
- Malay Quarter, drive past the Parliament Buildings, City Hall, Slave Lodge & Company Gardens
- Cableway ticket fee
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
• Cancellation less than 24 hours before departure – 100% cancellation fees
• Cancellation more than 24 hours before departure – full refund
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Awarded "Safe Travels" stamp
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.