- duration 57 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Begin your adventure in vibrant Cape Town and sample South African wine in the Cederberg Mountains
- See the colossal Fish River Canyon, climb the mighty sand dunes of the Namib Desert, relax on the beaches of Swakopmund and spot wildlife in Etosha National Park
- Explore the verdant Okavango Delta aboard traditional mokoro canoes and camp out in the wilderness of Chobe National Park
- Gaze at the thundering Victoria Falls and spend two days enjoying optional activities, including bungee jumping, helicopter rides and rafting on the Zambezi
An epic 57 day African overland safari travelling from Cape Town to Nairobi, through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda! Trek in search of mountain gorillas, go wild on safari in Africa's most famous national parks, slide down Sossusvlei dunes, mokoro through the Okavango Delta and relax by the beach in idyllic Zanzibar. The ultimate African adventure!
Day: 1 Cape Town
Day: 2 Cederberg
Day: 3 Gariep River
Day: 4 Fish River Canyon
Day: 5 Sesriem
Day: 6 Namib Naukluft National Park
Day: 7-8 Swakopmund
Day: 9 Spitzkoppe
Day: 10-11 Etosha National Park
Day: 12 Etosha National Park
Day: 13-15 Windhoek & Ghanzi
Day: 16 Okavango Delta
Day: 17 Maun
Day: 18 Nata Region
Day: 19-20 Chobe National Park
Day: 21-23 Victoria Falls
Day: 24-25 Chobe National Park
Day: 26-28 South Luangwa NP
Day: 29-31 Lake Malawi Beaches
Day: 32 Iringa
Day: 33 Dar es Salaam
Day: 34-36 Zanzibar
Day: 37-39 Dar es Salaam
Day: 40-42 Serengeti National Park
Day: 43 Nairobi
Day: 44-45 Masai Mara
Day: 46-47 Kampala
Day: 48-51 Lake Bunyoni & Gorilla Trekking
Day: 52 Kampala
Day: 53 Jinja
Day: 54 Lake Nakuru
Day: 55-56 Lake Naivasha
Day: 57 Nairobi
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Ashanti Lodge in Cape Town, 2 nights twin share accommodation in Swakopmund and 50 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- 2 day/1 night Okavango Delta Excursion (camping)
- 51 breakfasts, 44 lunches and 45 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Cape Town Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- Sossusvlei transfer for Desert Walk
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Mikumi National Park (transit only)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP, Victoria Falls NP. Park entry and game drive - Chobe NP, South Luangwa Np, Etosha NP, Lake Nakuru NP, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP and Masai Mara
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda and Uganda, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Optional activities
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720-870pp, paid in USD
- Local payment - $2750pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 176+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Great African Expedition North - 57 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Great African Expedition North - 57 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Great African Expedition North - 57 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.