- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-39801
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- St. Lucia: You could drive the entire route in a day – but where’s the fun in that? Seeing the sights and taking part in the myriad of activities could take up to 2 weeks (depending on how long you want to sizzle on those glorious beaches.)
- Our Garden Route & Addo trip is 8 days long, and includes all of the route’s main attractions, like Addo Elephant Park, Cango Caves and Stellenbosch.
- Tsitsikamma National Park: It’s common to start in Mossel Bay in the west and finish at Storms River in the east – but there’s no reason you couldn’t do this in reverse or start in the middle (like the rebel you are.)
- Our Garden Route & Addo trip starts off in Cape Town. From there, we’ll board the Contiki coach and drive east to the Addo Elephant Park via Oudtshoorn. We then head south to Gqeberha before making our way back west to Hermanus via Knysna. Check the itinerary above for more info.
- Tsitsikamma National Park: This depends on your country of origin. In some cases, your visa is free and you can collect it when you arrive in South Africa. In others, if you’re traveling from New Zealand for example, you’ll need to arrange your visa ahead of time. Click here to find out visa requirements based on your home country.
- Tsitsikamma National Park: It’ll change slightly depending on what time of year you’re visiting, but some essentials will include:
- Your camera
- Comfortable shoes/clothes for walking
- Your swimming costume
- Sun cream, a hat, sunglasses
- Show more
Ready for one of the world’s most epic road trips – where you flicker from wildlife to city life to beach life? You’ll gawp at the Cango Caves, sample the nightlife of Cape Town & Stellenbosch, and even encounter the Big 5 at some of Africa’s finest national parks. The Garden Route has everything, and you’ll experience it all on this unforgettable 8-day adventure, with a squad of fellow 18-35s.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town to Oudtshoorn
Day 3: Oudtshoorn to Gqeberha
Day 4: Gqeberha to Knysna via Private Game Reserve
Day 5: Knysna
Day 6: Knysna to Stellenbosch
Day 7: Stellenbosch to Cape Town
Day 8: Cape Town
- Breakfast (x7)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- Waterfront Breakwater Lodge (or similar) hotel
- Riempie Estate (or similar) hotel
- City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth (or similar) hotel
- Knysna Quays (or similar) hotel
- Protea Hotel Stellenbosch (or similar) hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to/from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Garden Route and Addo tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Garden Route and Addo tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 December 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Garden Route and Addo tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Garden Route and Addo tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- How many days are enough for South Africa?
- What is the best month to go to South Africa?
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.