- duration 9 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 2-99 yrs
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-12422
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Best landbased whale watching in the world (Jul–Nov)
- Spectacularly scenic drive along the coast
- 1 x Wine Tasting (Wed & Fri)
- Penguins Stoney Point (Sundays)
On the drive back, we will continue to Bouchard Finlayson Wine Estate for a wine tasting on this prestigious vineyard. which presents further possibilities of whale (and even dolphin) sightings. On Sundays, a stop is made at Stony Point near Betty’s Bay to see the penguin colony (optional, for own account & time permitting). It also holds one of only two land-based penguin colonies in South Africa. You will be able to see these enthralling birds at play via a well-constructed wooden walkway. After a day exploring the charming towns and amazing marine life in Cape Town and surrounds, we will return to the Mother City.
- Return transfers from Cape Town city centre
- Penguins at Stoney Point (Sundays only)
- Whale-watching from shore
- 1 x wine tasting (Wed & Fri only)
- Optional activities (see description)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
• Cancellation less than 24 hours before departure – 100% cancellation fees
• Cancellation more than 24 hours before departure – full refund
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Awarded "Safe Travels" stamp
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- What is the best month to go to South Africa?
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
- How many days are enough for South Africa?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.