Full Day Cape Peninsula Tour
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- Sightseeing tour
- duration 8.5 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 2-99 yrs
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-12457
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Spectacular views and astounding natural scenery throughout
- The charming fishing town of Hout Bay and the Boulders Beach penguin colony
- Breathtaking views at Cape Point, the southern tip of the Cape Peninsula
Our tour begins with a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, passing through the cosmopolitan suburbs of Sea Point and Camps Bay with its glorious views of the Twelve Apostles, part of the Table Mountain range. We'll continue to the fishing village of Hout Bay, one of Cape Town's best-kept secrets. Here there is an option to take a short boat trip to Seal Island (for own account & time permitting) to view the Cape Fur Seals, which inhabit the island. From here we travel to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, comprising over 17,300 acres of indigenous fauna and flora. Here we can see a variety of wildlife that includes baboons, Reebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland. The reserve is also one of the world's largest breeding grounds for tortoises. Birdwatchers, too, will find many fine species to observe.
The majestic coastline offers drama worthy of being called "Nature's Greatest Show." We'll be able to see the union of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans (as per legend) and may even feel the brisk wind that is dubbed the "Cape Doctor" for its presumed curative powers. Following the coastline along False Bay, we'll return to Cape Town by way of Simon's Town, where we visit the Penguin colony at Boulders Beach (for own account) and Fish Hoek fishing village. Before our return, we'll stop for afternoon tea & cake. We return to Cape Town, passing the University of Cape Town and the Groote Schuur Hospital.
- Return transfers from central Cape Town hotels
- Entrance to Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Cake & Tea
- Boat trip to Duiker Island (weather & time permitting)
- Entrance fee to Boulders Beach penguin colony
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
• Cancellation less than 24 hours before departure – 100% cancellation fees
• Cancellation more than 24 hours before departure – full refund
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Awarded "Safe Travels" stamp
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.