- duration 4.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Journey by train from Cape Town to False Bay with a local insider
- Stop in Muizenberg to begin your walk along the bay where you may spot whales or sharks, depending on the season
- Meet some locals, learn some of the history of the area, and take some breathtaking photos
- Enjoy a mixed seafood lunch or a beach picnic
Join us for a scenic train ride from Cape Town to False Bay in the Western Cape alongside a local guide who can give you the best advice for food and fun during your stay. Learn a bit about the surrounding suburbs that give the Western Cape a special vibe, get off at various stops, walk along the beaches, and meet the local people of False Bay on your way to a traditional lunch.
Grab your swimsuit and hiking shoes – it’s time to check out the towns of False Bay. You’ll meet your guide in the morning at Cape Town Central Station where you’ll receive your hop on and hop off ticket and prepare for a relaxing morning train ride to a few local harbour suburbs situated around the False Bay area.
Once we arrive in False Bay and the charming town of Miuzenberg, we’ll disembark for a quick tour of iconic Miuzenberg Beach and learn a bit about South African surf history as this is one of the best surf beaches in the country. You may be able to spot a great white shark here, depending on the season. On a beautiful day, it’s best to walk along the coast to Kalk Bay, but we can always grab a train if the weather isn’t great for a walk on the beach. If that’s the case there are other towns in the area we can check out, all of which have a great, local vibe.
Since you might be getting hungry by now, we’ve included some options for lunch in the price of the tour. We can either pop into a famous fish and chip shop, or if the weather is nice and the group prefers it, we can have a beach picnic. Either way, we’ll make sure you have a good meal.
After lunch, we’ll head to a local bar for a farewell drink. At that point, you can decide whether you want to explore the rest of Cape Point, head back to a secluded beach, or catch a train back to Cape Town. We give you the choice to return by train or taxi at your convenience.
In the unlikely event, the trains are not running that day, we’ll use a vehicle to drive to False Bay and back.
- One lunch included
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hop on/hop off tickets to False Bay and back
- One drink included
- Some tips/gratuities for vendors
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- and tips/gratuities your guide
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this False Bay by train and lunch tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
False Bay by train and lunch tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this False Bay by train and lunch tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Meet by ticket office in CT Central Station, Adderley Street, Cape Town Station, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8000, South AfricaMeeting end point :
The Brass Bell Bar, Kalk BayCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.