- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Go for a wildlife safari drive with a researcher and expert on carnivores.
- Enjoy a traditional South African barbecue.
- Visit the Kirstenbosch botanical garden with an expert botanist.
- Help prepare a traditional Zimbabwean meal with a family in their home.
On this extraordinary adventure through southern Africa, journey from glittering Cape Town to the vast wilderness of Kruger National Park—home of the legendary "big five". Visit Soweto township, where Nelson Mandela once lived; enjoy a homemade dinner with a local family in a Zimbabwean village; and witness the awe-inspiring beauty of Victoria Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town/Johannesburg
Day 5: Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area
Day 6: Kruger National Park
Day 7: Greater Kruger Area/Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 8: Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 9: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg
Day 10: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls
Day 11: Victoria Falls
Day 12: Victoria Falls
- Guest house (2 nts), hotel (5 nts), comfortable safari camp (2 nts), comfortable tent or chalet (2 nts).
11 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners
Note: Allow USD245-320 for meals not included.
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, walking, plane.
- Local CEO (Chief Experience Officer) in Cape Town and Victoria Falls, CEO (Chief Experience Officer) for the Kruger portion, local guides/rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens Guided Tour, Cape Town
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Carnivore Conservation Experience, Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Zimbabwean Family Dinner, Victoria Falls
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue), Johannesburg
- Arrival transfer
- Orientation tour of Cape Town
- Excursion to Cape Point including the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Soweto tour
- Panorama Route scenic drive
- Kruger National Park wildlife safari drive in open vehicle
- Private nature reserve wildlife safari drive in open safari vehicles
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Southern Africa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 150+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Southern Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Southern Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Southern Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.