Cape Town: West Coast
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1-80 yrs
- guiding method Self-guided
- Tour Code BM-27425
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore Cape Town on your own
- Drive through West Coast National Park. Enjoy amazing natural scenery
- Spend two nights in Goedverwatch in a homestay & experience local culture
- Visit the beautiful seaside town of Hermanus, a popular whale watching destination
Your journey starts in Cape Town and takes you along the beautiful west coast to areas known for their stunning natural scenery and famous wineries. Along the way, you will get the chance to experience the unique culture of this region through our homestay programme.
Enjoy driving through West Coast National Park and visit Paternoster, one of the oldest fishing villages on South Africa's West Coast. Spend two nights in a homestay in the Breede River Valley and travel to Stellenbosch, a town known as much for its winery as for its Cape Dutch architecture.
Head back to Cape Town via Hermanus at the end of this tour. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Cape Town arrival
Day 2: Cape Town
Day 3: Cape Town continues
Day 4: Cape Town – West Coast National Park
Day 5: West Coast National Park
Day 6: West Coast National Park – Paternoster
Day 7: Paternoster – Goedverwatch
Day 8: Goedverwatch
Day 9: Goedverwatch – Breede River Valley
Day 10: Explore Breede River Valley on your own
Day 11: Breede River Valley – Tulbagh
Day 12: Tulbagh – Stellenbosch
Day 13: Stellenbosch
Day 14: Stellenbosch – Hermanus
Day 15: Hermanus
Day 16: Hermanus – Cape Town
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners
- Car rental charges
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Conservation levies
- Vineyard tour
- Table Mountain Cable Car
- Whale watching tour
- International flights
- South Africa tourist visa
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Sightseeing tours and activities (own expense)
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.