- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cape Town, Africa's most exciting city
- Sossusvlei, the highest sand dunes in the world
- Etosha NP with its fantastic wildlife
- The Okavango River and Chobe NP
Cape Town to Victoria Falls is one of the world’s great classic journeys. Starting from Cape Town, South Africa’s most cosmopolitan city, this trip travels through Namibia's spectacular desert landscape, wildlife-rich game parks in Namibia and Botswana and finally to the mighty Victoria Falls on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia. This is an adventure through the heart of southern Africa’s dramatic scenery, with rich culture, diverse wildlife and the opportunity to partake in numerous activities along the way.
The cycling can be challenging - plenty of hills and heat - but the distances and hills build up over the days so that your fitness increases to be able to manage each stage.
The scenery, birds and animals are beautiful. I'd struggle to identify more than a robin in England, but by the end of the trip was able to tell the difference between a bee catcher and a kingfisher flying past.
What really made it special for me was Suresh's attention to detail and the special experiences he arranged - street food in Kandy, stopping to buy fish from the market for dinner, the evening visit to a multi faith temple, and multiple tea stops in local places for tea, lentil cakes, fudge and other yummy snacks. Just don't expect to lose any weight on this trip - my Fitbit said I burned 4,351 calories on the climb to Nurwar Eliya but I'd say every single one of those was replaced with the maximum damage we did every night with the delicious food and Lion beers!”
Day 1: Start Cape Town.
Day 2: Visit Cape Peninsula; afternoon wine tour.
Day 3: Drive to the Olifants River Valley
Day 4: To Orange River; afternoon optional canoeing.
Day 5: To Fish River Canyon, the 2nd largest in the world; afternoon walk.
Day 6: To Sesriem in the Namib Desert.
Day 7: Full day exploring the highest sand dunes in the world at Sossusvlei.
Day 8: To the Germanic town of Swakopmund.
Day 9: Free day to enjoy optional activities.
Day 10: To Brandberg; visit White Lady paintings.
Day 11: To Etosha N.P.
Day 12-13: Two days game viewing in Etosha and enjoyeing the floodlit watering holes.
Day 14: To the Okavango River.
Day 15: Mokoro (dugout canoe) ride on the Okavango River.
Day 16: To Chobe N.P.
Day 17: Game drive and boat ride in Chobe N.P.
Day 18: To Victoria Falls.
Day 19: Free day to enjoy optional activities and visit the falls.
Day 20: End Victoria Falls.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches, 12 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 15 nights camping, 2 nights lodge, 2 nights guesthouse
- Camping and lodge departures available
- Travel in a purpose-built overland truck
- Some long drives on rough roads and early starts
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape Town to Victoria Falls - Camping tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 125+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town to Victoria Falls - Camping tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town to Victoria Falls - Camping tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town to Victoria Falls - Camping tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.