- Getaways and short breaks
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cape Town: This extraordinary city is juxtaposed between sea and mountains and offers a vibrant culinary scene, great nightlife and lively culture.
- Cape Peninsula: Enjoy the scenic beauty and natural landscapes of the Cape Peninsula of South Africa on this day trip from Cape Town.
From the sparkling waters of the ocean to the top of Table Mountain, Cape Town will leave you breathless! Join our 4-day self-drive tour and discover at your own pace the charm of one of the most diverse cities in the world! Admire its rejuvenated facades and get lost in the bustling streets, accompanied by the music of traditional street artists. Drive through the most breathtaking scenery of the Cape Town peninsula, including the Cape of Good Hope or seaside village Fish Hoek. Cape Town is an adventure that awaits you to explore!
Day 1: Arrival Cape Town / Car Pick-up (20km – 30min)
Day 2: Cape Town – Peninsula Drive – Cape Town (160km – 3hrs)
Day 3: Cape Town (30km – 1hr)
Day 4: Departure Cape Town / Car Drop-off (20km – 30min)
- 3 night’s accommodation
- 3 Breakfasts
- Pick-up and drop-off from/ to Cape Town International Airport
- 3 Day car hire
- Unlimited mileage
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Airport surcharge
- Windscreen & Tyre and rim damage, hubcaps
- Theft and Collision Damage Waiver
- 15% VAT
- Tourism Levy
- Carbon Emissions Tax
- Damage due to Sandblasting
- Meet & Greet
- Tour guide
- Please note that this tour is a suggested itinerary. While the sites listed may be visited independently, the package does not cover any applicable entrance or tour fees
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- EXCLUSIONS & REQUIREMENTS CAR HIRE
- Minimum age of driver: 21 years, driver younger than 21 only with special permission
- The driver needs to be in possession of a valid International drivers licence and an international Credit Card
- Rental calculation is based on a 24hr rate (07:00 – 07:00 = 1 day, 07:00 – 09:00 = 2 days) – additional day will be charged for late returns
- There is no refund for the early return of the vehicle
- Document Administration Fee
- Additional Driver charge per rental, per driver
- 2ND Additional Driver
- E-tolling Fees
- Young Driver Surcharge (per driver, per day)
- Bond deposit (from/to depot)
- Delivery and Collection fees
- Claim Administration Fee
- Claim Handling Fee
- Assessor’s fee
- Traffic Fine Administration fee
- One way drop off charges
- Cross Border Charges
- Negligence, abuse, water and undercarriage damage to the vehicle
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town Experience, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town Experience, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town Experience, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.