- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take part in the world’s largest individually timed cycle sportive
- Explore the vineyards of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Cycle the spectacular Whale Coast between Hermanus and Gordon's Bay
With its roots in the late 1970s, the first version of what is now called the Cape Town Cycle Tour (formally Cape Argus Cycle Tour) down the Cape Peninsula had 525 entrants. Year on year the number of participants grew and in 2016 there were over 35,000 enthusiastic cyclists taking part in what is now the largest individually timed cycle-tour in the world. The circular route, starting in Cape Town, takes you down 109kms of incredible coastal roads along the Cape Peninsula, past quaint villages and bays as far as the entrance of the Cape Point Nature Reserve before returning to Cape Town. For your time to be officially counted you will need to complete the route in under 7hrs (the fastest cyclists will complete the route in under 3hrs). During the week leading up to the Cape Town Cycle Tour, we explore the delights of the Western Cape whilst warming up for the big event. We start off by following a large section of the race route itself, enjoying the stunning views of the Cape Peninsula before heading inland through South Africa’s famed wine region. Then it’s onto the semi-arid Little Karoo and on to the resort town, and whale capital of the world, Hermanus. Finally we ride along one of the greatest coastal roads anywhere in the world, the Whale Route, returning to Cape Town in time to register for the cycle sportive.
Day 1: Start Cape Town; visit Cape Point and ride back to our guest house.
Day 2: Cycle to Cape Town.
Day 3: Explore the world renowned winelands near Franschoek and Worcester.
Day 4: Cycle the semi arid Little and Grand Karoo to Barrydale.
Day 5: Ride through the hills and over the spectacular Tradouws Pass to Hermanus.
Day 6: Cycle the Whale Route, one of the world's most spectacular roads.
Day 7: Optional morning ride; afternoon race registration.
Day 8: Race day, ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour
Day 9: End Cape Town.
- 8 nights in standard hotels and guest houses, All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- 8 days cycling with 100% vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- 100% tarmac roads
- Mostly relaxed rides with a few harder climbs
- Normally 2 groups of up to 14 people
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape Town Cycle Tour Special (Cape Argus) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 86 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 245 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 31 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cape Town Cycle Tour Special (Cape Argus) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town Cycle Tour Special (Cape Argus) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.