- Food tour
- Beer and drinks tasting
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kickstart your morning at an artisanal coffee roaster
- Visit Publik Wine Bar as well as The Gin Bar
- Try some biltong and droëwors at Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants
- Stop by Honest Chocolate, which uses only the finest, raw organic Ecuadorian cacao
Time to try some traditional local food. Travel to Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants, an ultimate foodie destination known for its tasty biltongs and droëwors, and taste some of their delicious cured meat products along with fine South African wine.
Head for Bo-Kaap & Atlas Spice Trading Company, located in the Cape Malay quarter and renowned for its spices. Established in 1946, the spice trading company is a purveyor of fine spices, rice and rare products from across the world. Enjoy the pungent smell of over 100 different herbs, spices and incenses in their store. You have the option of choose some spices in their store that you can then take home to cook.
Its time to snack on some delicious Cape Malay food now. Try samosas: small, triangular, folded pastries with different fillings (mince beef, chicken, cheese, etc). Koeksister is another popular Cape Malay food prepared from fried dough rolls dipped in an ice cold syrup. You can get them in many shapes and sizes, from braided, twisted koeksisters to koeksisters in the form of small dough balls topped with coconut. Milk tart is yet another South African dessert that has a sweet crust filled with a creamy mixture made of milk, eggs, sugar and flour topped with cinnamon – an essential taste of South Africa.
End your tour at The Gin Bar, where you can try three, hand-crafted South African gins representing the vast flavour profiles of South African botanicals. Each gin is explained and tasted on its own before it is paired with a tonic and finished off with a unique, fynbos garnish, foraged by the bartenders themselves. You can enjoy our drop-off service to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Pickup and drop-off to and from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
- Private driver/guide
- Tastings as stated
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellations from 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged
Cancellations from 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure: 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
Cancellations 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure: 20% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
Cancellations 30 days or more prior to tour departure: 10% cancellation fee will be charged for costs incurred.