- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Soak up cosmopolitan Cape Town.
- Take in the breathtaking view of the immense Fish River Canyon.
- Tackle the world's largest sand dunes.
- Get your adrenaline going with adventurous activities.
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. From bustling city streets to sand dunes and safaris, the sites of Africa will have your eyes (and mouth) wide open at every turn. This quintessential 13-day adventure takes you from a thrilling wildlife safari drive through Etosha National Park to the bizarre lunar landscapes of Swakopmund and camping experiences where you'll doze off underneath big African skies. Your rugged Lando (overland adventure vehicle) will get you to the sites safely, an expert CEO (Chief Experience Officer) to take care of the hassles, and plenty of optional excursions, you’ll be free to absorb the spirit of these lively countries.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town/Cederberg
Day 3: Cederberg/Orange River
Day 4: Orange River/Fish River Canyon
Day 5: Fish River Canyon/Namib Desert
Day 6: Namib Desert
Day 7: Namib Desert/Swakopmund
Day 8: Swakopmund
Day 9: Swakopmund/Spitzkoppe
Day 10: Spitzkoppe/Etosha National Park
Day 11: Etosha National Park
Day 12: Etosha National Park/Waterberg Plateau
Day 13: Waterberg Plateau/Windhoek
- Hostel (1 nt, multi-share with 4 people), participation camping (8 nts), guesthouses (2 nts, multi-share with 3 people), basic bush camping (1 nt)
11 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 9 dinners
Note: Allow USD60-80 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), walking.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre, Yzerfontein
- Your G for Good Moment: Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop, Windhoek
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Swakopmund
- Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei Dunes and Spitzkoppe entrance fees
- Etosha NP entrance with wildlife safari drives
- Waterberg Plateau visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Windhoek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape & Dunes Northbound: Wildlife & Starry Night Skies tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape & Dunes Northbound: Wildlife & Starry Night Skies tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape & Dunes Northbound: Wildlife & Starry Night Skies tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape & Dunes Northbound: Wildlife & Starry Night Skies tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.