- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the Okavango Delta by traditional canoe (mokoro)
- Walking among the giant dunes of Sossusvlei in the Namib Desert
- Experience game drives in Etosha National Park
- Game viewing cruise on the Chobe River
A quality overland traverse through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls). From the vast dunes of the Namibian desert, to the teeming animal life of Etosha, this itinerary traverses the greatest parks, rivers and landscapes that Africa’s south has to offer. Beginning in Cape Town we head north, passing through the Namaqualand region, and witness the Orange River plummet 56m over Augrabies Falls. We travel into the starkly beautiful Kalahari and spend two nights in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. At the extremities of the vast Namib Desert we marvel at Fish River Canyon, second largest in the world, and observe wildlife in Etosha National Park. Continuing our journey through the Caprivi Strip and via the Okavango River into Botswana, be part of unforgettable wildlife encounters in two of Africa's greatest sanctuaries in the wondrous Okavango Delta and along the Chobe River. The mighty Victoria Falls provide a sensational backdrop to a multitude of adventurous options and a fitting end to this amazing journey through southern Africa. Staying in a combination of small hotels, safari lodges and permanent safari camps full of character (and with ensuite facilities), this journey will appeal to those seeking a comfortable African travel experience.
Day 1 : Cape Town
Day 2 : Cape Town peninsula tour
Day 3 : Calvinia (Hantam region) (approx 425 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 4 : Augrabies Falls National Park (approx 450 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 5-6 : Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (approx 370 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 7 : Fish River Canyon (approx 495 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 8-9 : Sesriem and Sossusvlei (approx 520 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 10-11 : Swakopmund (approx 380 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 12 : Damaraland (approx 380 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 13 : Etosha National Park (approx 220 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 14 : Etosha National Park (150 kms)
Day 15 : Kavango River (approx 430 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 16-17 : Okavango Delta (approx 320 kms/5 hrs drive; plus 2-3 hour boat trip)
Day 18 : Kwando River (approx 350 kms/5 hrs drive; plus 2-3 hour boat trip)
Day 19-20 : Chobe River (approx 250 kms/4 hrs drive)
Day 21 : Victoria Falls (approx 90 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 22 : In Victoria Falls, trip concludes
- 17 nights in 3-4 star hotels and lodges on a twinshare basis
- 2 nights in 3-4 star permanent safari camp and 2 nights in 3-4 star guesthouse on a twinshare basis
- 21 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 13 dinners
- Private transport in custom built expedition vehicle
- English speaking local guide
- Chobe River game cruise
- Game drives and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- National park and conservation fees valued at US$150
- Okavango Delta excursions from 2019
- International flights
- Optional activities
- Entrance into Victoria Falls National Park
- All lunches and any dinners not noted in the itinerary
- Bottled water
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Local payment of 3000 South African Rand payable to tour leader on day 1 of all trips
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 232 today.
- Save US$ 154+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this African Wilderness in Comfort tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 310 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 16 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
African Wilderness in Comfort tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this African Wilderness in Comfort tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.