- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the Okavango Delta by traditional canoe (mokoro)
- Walking among the giant dunes of Sossusvlei in the Namib Desert
- Experience game drives in Etosha National Park
- Game viewing cruise on the Chobe River
A quality overland traverse through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls). From the vast dunes of the Namibian desert, to the teeming animal life of Etosha, this itinerary traverses the greatest parks, rivers and landscapes that Africa’s south has to offer. Beginning in Cape Town we head north, passing through the Namaqualand region, and witness the Orange River plummet 56m over Augrabies Falls. We travel into the starkly beautiful Kalahari and spend two nights in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. At the extremities of the vast Namib Desert we marvel at Fish River Canyon, second largest in the world, and observe wildlife in Etosha National Park. Continuing our journey through the Caprivi Strip and via the Okavango River into Botswana, be part of unforgettable wildlife encounters in two of Africa's greatest sanctuaries in the wondrous Okavango Delta and along the Chobe River. The mighty Victoria Falls provide a sensational backdrop to a multitude of adventurous options and a fitting end to this amazing journey through southern Africa. Staying in a combination of small hotels, safari lodges and permanent safari camps full of character (and with ensuite facilities), this journey will appeal to those seeking a comfortable African travel experience.
Day 1 : Arrive in Victoria Falls
Day 2-3 : Chobe River (approx 90 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 4 : Kwando River (approx 250 kms/4 hrs drive)
Day 5-6 : Okavango Delta (approx 350 kms/5 hrs drive; plus 2-3 hour boat trip)
Day 7 : Kavango River (approx 320 kms/5 hrs drive; plus 2-3 hour boat trip)
Day 8 : Etosha National Park (approx 430 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 9 : Etosha National Park (150 kms)
Day 10 : Damaraland (approx 220 kms/3 hrs drive)
Day 11-12 : Swakopmund (approx 380 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 13-14 : Sossusvlei and Sesriem (approx 380 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 15 : Fish River Canyon (approx 520 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 16-17 : Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (approx 495 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 18 : Augrabies Falls National Park (approx 370 kms/5 hrs drive)
Day 19 : Calvinia (Hantam region) (approx 450 kms/6 hrs drive)
Day 20 : Travel to Cape Town (approx 425 kms/7 hrs drive)
Day 21 : Cape Town peninsula tour
Day 22 : Cape Town, trip concludes
- 17 nights in 3-4 star hotels and lodges on a twinshare basis
- 2 nights in 3-4 star permanent safari camp and 2 nights in 3-4 star guesthouse on a twinshare basis
- 21 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 13 dinners
- Private transport in custom built expedition vehicle
- Okavango Delta excursions from 2019
- English speaking local guide
- Chobe River game cruise
- Game drives and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- National park and conservation fees valued at US$150
- International flights
- Optional activities
- Entrance into Victoria Falls National Park
- All lunches and any dinners not noted in the itinerary
- Bottled water
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Local payment of 3000 South African Rand payable to tour leader on day 1 of all trips
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 230 today.
- Earn US$ 153+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this African Wilderness in Comfort tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 March 2021, a deposit of 340 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
African Wilderness in Comfort tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this African Wilderness in Comfort tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.